Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedDark spots on toes?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Jamillah81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark spots on toes?
    Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 11:44am
Some of this might sound slightly yucky so beware, lol.

I have these dark spots on my toes that I have had most of my adult life and I think they may be soft corns?
I can't go to the podiatrist or dermatologist so that's out of the question.  I try to dermablend them when possible but my goal is to remove them.  Does anybody know if they are really corns? They are really soft so when I try to use a soft pumice it hurts.  Also, I know that friction causes keratin to be released and form harder skin so I really don't want to scrub them.

A couple of years ago I tried lighteners just on the dark, soft pads (ambi and fred palmers).  It didn't seem to help ANY.

I have also tried the salicylic acid corn remover drops but that stings and I don't know if I am using it right.  It creates a thick layer of dead skin on top of the toe. I thought that was good but then it turned even darker and made it worse.  So... I waited 6 months and tried it again except this time when all the skin was dead I soaked my feet and peeled that skin off.  The dark spot was gone... but it left a pink sore spot underneath that just ended up turning dark again.  It's not as dark as it was initially, which makes me think maybe I should just do that a couple more times, but I'm scared b/c I don't know if that is how the drops are supposed to be used.  For the last couple of months I have worn mostly sandals (which I never do because I am so embarassed of my feet) for the sake of reducing the friction on my toes.

Anyway, bottom line is...
1) has anybody had this problem and solved it? If so how??
2) has anyone successfully used the drops/gel... did I use it correctly?

Thanks all
*sad*
Sponsored Links

Bri_ThreeStars View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2007 at 8:01am
I have it too!!! I have had very very mild dark spots on my toes since I was little.  I just started using chemical peels and microbrasion on them, I think it's working! I will let you know the results when I finish the process.....  Believe it or not I have tried that corn remover stuff.....It doesnt work.....It peels off and gets darker then before because it peels too deep like a scar, its not mad for dark spots......I wish I never used that stuff because before people couldnt see my dark spots at first....just me, but I couldnt stand it!! so thats why I tried the  remover stuff to see if it would get rid of it, but NO!!  It just made my skin darker then before!!  So make sure you stop doing that!! It may get so much darker were you dont even want to show your feet out!! I hope this helps and I will keep you posted  

Edited by Bri_ThreeStars - Aug 03 2007 at 10:07am
Jamillah81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2007 at 9:28am
Thank you! One foot looks ok after that stuff but the other foot is alot darker.  Are you getting the peels and microbrasion done at a dermatologist? Does insurance cover any of it?  I'm currently not working, trying to finish up my last 5 classes to get my degree before I go back to work. Thanks! Keep me posted :-)
Bri_ThreeStars View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2007 at 10:29am
I'm going to a licence skin care professional. No, insurance does not pay for it because ligthening up sun spots/dark spots is considered cosmetic.  Thank God the lady that I'm going 2 is really nice...she gives me BIG discounts since I'm in college. I have had 3 microbrasion treaments and a couple of chem peels.....the key to keep spots light right after results is to make sure you put sun block on them....it really works!!  As for my results.......its looking really, really good so far.....I think I need like 5 more micobrasion to be fully cleared of any kind of discolorations. The reason why toes have slight discloration/mild dark spots is because of tight shoes as a kid or it can happen when your an adult also.  When your a kid, our feet tends to grow really, really fast. When shoes started to feel a little tight, most kids dont pay attention to it and just want to play all day. So , my mom wouldnt find out until my feet start hurting really bad or until she took me shoe shopping. That is what causes it.....tight shoes irritating and rubbing against the skin on your feet, which makes the skin get darker. So beware of any kind of shoes that your feet cant breath in! and I will most def. keep you posted on the results.

Edited by Bri_ThreeStars - Aug 03 2007 at 10:30am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic