Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Chocsuprme View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark Small Hairlike Bumps on Legs
    Posted: Nov 19 2003 at 1:08am
I've had these little dark hair-like bumps on my legs since 5th grade and I went to the Dermatologist and he said it was a common condition in African American women (forgot the name) and said the best thing you can do is keep them moisterized. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Has anything cured or helped?
Sponsored Links

Luvsmylz26 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2003 at 9:45am

Hey Chocosuprme

I have the same thing. They are on the sides on both my legs and I am not a dark person so they show up very dark and they are sort of raised to the touch, sometimes I find myself pulling the hairs out but I think that makes the spots even darker.  I dont know if it is blackheads or ingrown hair but whatever it is I too am looking for an answer to get rid of them.

Chocsuprme View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2003 at 4:34am

Hey Luvsmylz26

Thanks for the reply! I'm sure with all the people on this forum, someone will have a suggestion. It's interesting to see that some one else has this issue.

Good luck and keep checking for replies.

zendre28 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2003 at 6:00pm

Originally posted by Chocsuprme Chocsuprme wrote:

I've had these little dark hair-like bumps on my legs since 5th grade and I went to the Dermatologist and he said it was a common condition in African American women (forgot the name) and said the best thing you can do is keep them moisterized. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Has anything cured or helped?

WELL I'M SURE GLAD THAT THERE ARE OTHER SISTAS OUT THERE THAT ARE EXPERIENCING WHAT I'VE BEEN GOING THRU FOR ALMOST A LIFETIME.  THOSE BUMPS ARE SO EMBARRASSING THAT I HATE TO WEAR SHORTS.  I DON'T EVEN LIKE FOR MY BOYFRIEND TO TOUCH MY LEGS.  MY GRANDMOTHER TOLD ME AT ONE TIME THAT THESE BUMPS COME FROM SHAVING YOUR LEGS TO EARLY AS A TEENAGER.  WHAT EVER KIND OF TRUTH COMES FROM THAT I DON'T KNOW.  BUT I HOPE AND PRAY THAT THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS HOW TO GET RID OF THEM!

NIKE View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2004 at 11:22am

I have alsp suffered with this for years.  The best thing to do is to srcub yoour legs with a salt based body scrub (one that you scoop and dollop onto your skin from a tub) and apply the scrub with a loofah.  This exofoliates the skin and over time will wear away the top layer of skin and allow the ingrown hairs free. Then you simply must buy the most miraclulous product that I have come across.  its called TENDSKIN and is a lotion that is designed to remove ingrown hairs and thos unslightly razor bumps that men on the neck, especially our beautiful black brothers, tend to get due to the tightness of the hair . This product is applied to the legs (also greatfor the bikini line and face) with damp cotton wool and makes your skin silky smooth and opens up the bumps witht hair underneath, it contains aspirin and helps heal the skin if you are like me and pick the hairs too often which can make matters worse!  Then use a good moisturizer but not cocoa butter, i  agree this can clog pores.  Keep scrubbing and using Tend Skin and then get the  hair waxed off, this weakens the hair growth and combined with scrubbing and tendskin wil eventually leave your legs smoother and hair free for longer.  Hope this helps, I know what you are going through and you feel so much more attractive when your skin looks and feels smoother. 

Luvsmylz26 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2004 at 10:29pm

NIke, THANK YOU so much!

I can not wait to get out tomorrow to find that Tendskin and a salt based scrub.  I have been waiting so long for any kind of advice and for a long time no one knew what to do so I really appreaciate it and I hope it works for me as well as it has for you.

thanks

weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2004 at 12:09am

i dont have them but my sister does and they fade somewhat when she shaves her legs, i see it on women and please dont be distressed because it really doesnt look that bad. i know you want to tell me to shove it cuz i dont have to deal with them, but i thought it would help you emotionally to know that they're not as disgusting to look at as you think. im fact, so many women have them (including my mom) that soon its just overlooked, i just realized my best frien of 2 yrs had them and she always wears shorts!! thats how easy it is for them to be overlooked.

well good luck with you process of removing them

Sexypepper17 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2004 at 1:56am

Hi, well I am so glad that I am not the only one the only thing is I hate those bumps i hate them with a passion I mean my sister makes fun of me for it my brother makes fun of me for it and my mom too, she says the only reason I have them is because I don't take a bath so i took baths three times a day, so she said i wasnt scrubbing hard enough to the point that i scrubbed my skin till it burn and bled still nothing happens, i mean i scratch them to see if they'll come off i put extra lotion on my legs to see if it will smooth out i have continously gone searching for information to help, to find the name and the only thing that they can come up with is it's heat bumps and sometimes goose bumps I mean what the heck which one is it? this whole thing is just driving me nuts so I don't wear shorts or skirts and when i have to wear a dress to church or to some party I am so self conscious that it'll just ruin the whole day...I mean I even have them on my arms too...  I have just searched and searched for some remedy or something to remove the god forsaken things and well....nothing...

HairDiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2004 at 11:28pm

It was mentioned somewhere else, but I'll mention it here too. A product called TendSkin removes ingrowned hairs and little bumps from shaving. It's really good, I've used it a couple times and it removes the bumbs in less that 48 hours...(probably less than 24). Michele have you tried this product? It can be ordered online.

Sexypepper17 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2004 at 10:42pm
NEVER HEARD OF TENDSKIN BUT I DID SEE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE POST ADN I'LL BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT THANKS HOPEFULLY IT'LL WORK
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic