FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDark Marks on Toes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Lita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark Marks on Toes
    Posted: Jan 11 2004 at 2:49pm

I was told by my friends that I had little corns on my toes. They told me to use Dr. Scholls corn remover about 2 years ago. It burnt my skin. As a reslult, I had dark spots on the top of my toes. It took some of the caluses away but I was left with these marks. I am a brown skin complexion so it was noticible. Well, First I went to Mexico bought back some bleachin creme, then I used Tura Top Skin and Dermativ ( I heard this were banned in Africa cuz women abuse them there to make their skin white!)  (no mercury) So, I went to an African Market to buy some. Then I went and got Microdebrasion, The woman there told me to use Retin A first to exfoliate and then the bleaching cremes. She said she had Ballarina friend who feet were way worst then mine. That worked for her. As, a result of hard scrubbin I use to make my toes a little raw. It hurted. I was scrapping the skin off. I used a  Brown suguar scrub. But, 2 years later I do see results! I scrubbed the corns off! My skin has went back to normal color.

I still scrub them with the exfoliator, then apply retin A at night. ( I had to beg the Dermatologist to give it to me) and put on Palmers bleaching creame. By the summer , it should be back to normal. It is very normal now but I am pretty anal when it comes to feet! If it does not look the way I want. I was thinking of laser surger also. But, I would get it done in Mexico. So, it is a long jornery !

Lita

Sponsored Links

weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2004 at 3:10pm
wow! thats a lot of work for pretty feet, unfortunately im not as dedicated as you are for long periods of time
skinbeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2004 at 3:04am

Lita,

I just read this post and I had to reply.  As summer is around the corner, it's not too late to get the feet looking tip top. 

What a lot of work for feet as weave said.  I too know what you mean as I get the same problem from my shoes rubbing against my feet.  I now only wear comfortable shoes, socks with most covered shoes (this really helps)  and I exfoliate daily with mitt, weekly with a scrub and moisturise the skin in that area.  The more you exfoliate the skin the better (but not so much that the skin feels raw or sore) as black skin has a tendency to ashiness and scarring.

The Retin A sounds good as this heals the skin but I'm not sure if it's available to all.  Vitamin E is more readily available.  Lemon juice has also been proven to lighten dark skin naturally and so I hear has liquorice extract which I have never tried.

GN1G View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2004 at 9:09am
I have a black spot on my big toe, I think I'll try to exfoil, with the buff puff and do the lemon, baking soda thing.

What color polish are you wearing? I am debating the french manicure, pink or the classis red.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2004 at 10:17am

Originally posted by GN1G GN1G wrote:

What color polish are you wearing? I am debating the french manicure, pink or the classis red.

Hmmmm.....I'm not sure what colour to wear.  I think pink is nice if it's a deep pink.  I usually like to match though.  So matching fingers and toes.

nigqun View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2004 at 9:15am
Is bleaching the only way to remove these dark circles on toes...bleaching sounds so harsh...summer is only around the corner....what do I do?
Sistacurl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 2:15pm
Hmm, im wondering if Lita used the Dr. Scholls corn remover caps that look like little bandages (I heard these are a no no). The liquid corn remover is much better...but you might have to go a week or so without exposing your toes....because after you peel off the "corn" , the spot looks a little raw. Its good to apply a bandage on that spot until the skin heals.
tastet View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 6:31pm

Yeah, been there Lita, last winter I was buying a pair of sandals from DSW and when I took off my socks I could not beleive the long mark across my foot from wearing too tight high heeled boots..(they were sharp though) I will never wear them again..but I do pull them out and look at them occasionally...LOL

I have also used those Dr. Scholl things both pads and liquid and I did not like the results.(those boots gave me a small corm also) that stuff ate through my skin and it was like a hole or something...OH MY GOD!!! it filled back in and I have been keeping it soft and smoothed out by going to get pedicures...now the mark I have been using this old bleaching stuff called black and white and it worked after like only about 4 uses..the mark is just about gone, I check for it all the time..I did not exfoliate before using the bleach though because I thought my skin would burn and those Dr. Scholl things did some serious damage to me!!! (of course all of my friends thought it was funny, because I was kinda limping)

I am VERY into my feet and prefer sandals over any other kind of shoe and sometimes wear them in the winter (in the house) I know it sounds KRAZY but I am very into my feet...even in the winter I get my toes done/or do them myself at least every 2 weeks...I keep it simple I either let the salon do a french manicure and match my nails or do a light beige on both...I throw a rhinestone flower on the big toe when I get home (save a little $$) and do my nails myself and also take my own polish with me...let me put a little cream on my foot while I am just chilling talking to you guys right now...

Good luck everyone...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2004 at 6:51pm
Well I have some Bazuka Gel - for treatment of verrucas, warts, corns and calluses.  You can get more info about that product from their website.  Now I don't know if they sell this product in the US folks.
Lita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2004 at 11:14pm
Actually, I used the Dr. Scholls liquid reomover.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>