Extensions Plus

dark marks from shaving

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
midnite99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midnite99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dark marks from shaving
    Posted: Apr 30 2010 at 9:19am
Hi Ladies!

So I started shaving my bikini line a few weeks ago and ended up getting ingrown hairs and dark marks I think from razor burn. My hair is very coarse and dark so it looks terrible now and might have to try waxing. :(
Never want to shave down there again!  But now how do I get rid of the dark patches and ingrown hair bumps??

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2010 at 4:23pm
I have the same problem!
booty66 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booty66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2010 at 4:27pm
put deodorant on the area after u shave it prevents ingrown hair..eventually the dark marks will fade
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2010 at 10:34am
I went to the doc for this and she prescribed an antibiotic ointment that cleared mine up within a few weeks.

Bikini zone cream works the same but it didnt really work for me!

Also..always use a new razor when shaving your bikini area, use a shaving cream, and exfoliate afterwards. I use this apricot facial scrub I got from family dollar. Or.. mix some olive oil and sugar and it works good too  =)
AuBurn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 3:52pm
Waxing will clear the area up immediately. The dark spots or ara you see is just the hair under the skin. Waxing will pull the hair strand out from its follicle and you'll have clear, smoothe skin.
erikachalon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erikachalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 10:23am
YEAH AND FOR THE PIGMENTATION, IT DOES FADE :)
TRUST ME I KNOW
clovercurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clovercurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 2:37pm

I stopped shaving years ago; it's too irritating. I now use a Lady Remington Bikini Trimmer. It has never failed me.

hallibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 6:50pm
Exfoliate, and use bikini zone it really works!
slimjuicy View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slimjuicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2010 at 1:50am
Girl go get some Skin Tight from your local BSS. I had the same problems except I had razor bumps much longer than 2 weeks. This stuff works, but you have to keep it up, don't slack. In a week I saw a huge difference. 2 weeks later I have no bumps. 

-What I did was, remove any hair with Nair lotion designed for that area, if the hair is coarse, run hot water on it to open the pores and then apply the nair, I let it sit much longer than the recommend time, (I have coarse hair)

-I use st ives apricot scrub to exfoliate (only in the shower), then I apply the skin tight. In the beginning you should apply the skin tight 3 times a day. On me, it made my skin peel (which i took it as it doing it's job) but exfloliating would remove the dead skin.

-In about 2.5 weeks I had no bumps, but now I apply the skin tight once a day. I will say that though I still have no bumps, I still have dark spots, except they are not as dark, more light brown, but still slightly noticeable, anyone knows of a lighting system that is safe for that area?

Justtrish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Justtrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2010 at 1:41pm
I was told to be sure to exfoliate the bikini area daily if waxing or shaving, to allow the hair to grow back out easier instead of curling under the skin and causing those bumps.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic