FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Dark and Lovelys Honey blonde.

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
BelizeanGalLea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelizeanGalLea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark and Lovelys Honey blonde.
    Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:56am
Hello everyone my name is Lea and I am new to the BHM community. I have some questions about this particular hair dye and the color. I've never colored my hair with a light dye before. I've only colored my hair black to mask my ugly outgrown bleached bangs and that was about it. I really have no serious experience with coloring my hair a drastic color you can say. And I sure in hell dont want to bleach again so I thought maybe coloring my hair a nice honey blonde would suit me and be safer. I am all natural now since I took my glue/sew in out late December. Now with the questions. Has anyone ever used this particular hair color before or at least used any dyes by Dark and Lovely? How well does the color take? I have dark brown hair and wanted to know if the color would at least lighten my hair 1 or 2 shades depending on how long I leave it in. Should I use a developer along with coloring and what about brassiness? I bought 2 boxes from my local BSS just in case. I was also thinking about findind some clip ins to match my desired hair color but most likely I would have to color them also, right? Thats if I dont find any clips ins that matches my hair color.

Thank you. Cant wait to explore more topics from you all.
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:17pm

You don't need to buy developer with a box dye kit, it's already included. All box dyes contain instrucions, hair color, developer gloves and/or processing cap, sometimes a deep condioner as well. Box dye kits are intended to enhance your natural color/tone, cover grey, or or go only 1-2 shades lighter. Since your hair is dark brown and you're using a blonde hair dye, it's only going to come out an orange red shade....if you were actually trying to go honey blonde you will need to lighten before coloring.   I tried Dark and lovely in Honey Blonde once a long time ago (not sure why because I'm not a big fan of most box dye kits) and it dried my hair out terribly even after deep conditioning. As for the clip-ins, I suggest waiting til after you color to get a shade to match. It's easier to dye your natural to match extensions rather than the other way around.

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:28pm
Dark & Lovely or any of the hair dyes marketed towards AA hair  (i.e. Textures & Tones, etc) are the best of box dyes to use on dark color extensions. I've never used it on my own hair. Short of henna or a clear Adore rinse, I don't color my hair and I'm natural. Having said that, box dyes usually work very well in lightening naturally dark hair - to a point.

But, if you're really close to a 1B shade, the developer in a box kit probably won't be strong enough to give you a bright vibrant blond - even honey blonde. Don't believe the hype on the side of the box. In fact, even the box shows that if you're going from a super dark shade, you'll only lighten your hair but so much.

Box dye is safer in that, you're less likely to end up with hair that's a weird green shade etc. But if I were you, I would recommend the L'oreal hi-color series - they have a blonde and a red series, but they're very true to shade and usually work very well. Yes, you'll have to mix in your own developer, but I think in terms of an "at home color option", the L'Oreal Hi-Color series is probably best. It's meant to lift "hard to color" hair and you'll most likely end up with the best dye uptake.

HTH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelizeanGalLea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 6:01am
Thank you Red. And yes I will consider finding the clip ins after I reach mg desired hair color. And it dries out hair even after you DC?!!!..Oh lawd. Hmms..I would really need to moisturize everyday like I currently do so I guess you can say I'll take the chance. I mean I cant blame anyone else if all goes wrong.-SHRUGS.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelizeanGalLea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 6:07am
Thank you Model. I see what you're sayin. I might just go to my hairstylist and have her do something for the coloring. Might as well. As for the clip ins I'll wait until im done coloring and satisfied. Thanks again ladies.
nmgarcia85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmgarcia85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 5:23pm
I used to use this color in my teen years and it brightened my hair very light. I just used the box and nothing else.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic