BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Danny Glovers Haiti film lacked white heroes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.69  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

i hope glover was like SORRY there were no white heros at all in this story, got plenty of devils and soul suckers tho.

wonder if he asked oprah and tyler perry
LOL, first thing that came to mind. What white heroes? They are scared because what happened in Haiti  represents all the fears that they had about black people taking vengeance on them and refusing to display the other cheek.

I'm not surprised that Danny Glover is having issues. Other filmmakers have tried to get a project like this going for years (I know of filmmakers from Guadeloupe and Martinique) but they could never come up with the funds because the whites would always complain that "there's no white heroes". And since it's a period piece, a movie like this requires a lot of funds. I hope Dany succeeds in getting it made.
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 6:52pm
at last.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 6:52pm
I'm glad that an American filmmaker is taking this on. They have a bigger film industry and more money floating around. I was hoping for years that Spike Lee would take on the project, lol.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 6:59pm
somebody tweet that man and tell him set up a paypal lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

somebody tweet that man and tell him set up a paypal lol
Shoot, I'll donate in a minute!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 7:15pm
Nvm... It's just a preview anyway. I thought it was the whole thing.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 03 2013 at 7:28pm
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Cocoa Cocoa wrote:

Paris.– US actor Danny Glover, who plans an epic next year on Haitian independence hero Toussaint-Louverture, said he slaved to raise funds for the movie because financiers complained there were no white heroes.

"Producers said 'It's a nice project, a great project... where are the white heroes?'" he told the press during a stay in Paris this month for a seminar on film.

"I couldn't get the money here, I couldn't get the money in Britain. I went to everybody. You wouldn't believe the number of producers based in Europe, and in the States, that I went to," he said.

D"The first question you get, is 'Is it a black film?' All of them agree, it's not going to do good in Europe, it's not going to do good in Japan.

"Somebody has to prove that to be a lie!", he said. "Maybe I'll have the chance to prove it."

"Toussaint," Glover's first project as film director, is about Francois Dominique Toussaint Louverture (1743-1803), a former slave and one of the fathers of Haiti's independence from France in 1804, making it the first black nation to throw off imperial rule and become a republic.

The uprising he led was bloodily put down in 1802 by 20,000 soldiers dispatched to the Caribbean by Napoleon Bonaparte, who then re-established slavery after its ban by the leaders of the French Revolution.

Due to be shot in Venezuela early next year, the film will star Don Cheadle, Mos Def, Wesley Snipes and Angela Bassett.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/people/2008/7/26/28807/Danny-Glovers-Haiti-film-lacked-white-heroes-producers-said

Just because muhfuccas was asking "where are the yt heroes?"  I'm supporting.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 11:20pm
Please Danny don't fail us...don't cave into any type of pressure.  I will travel to a different state to support this movie.   Because y'all know they gone try to shade him.   It's gone be on some independent movie house type of sh*t or only showing in NY, LA and Atlanta or summin'.
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 11:25pm
Didnt read the rest of the comments yet but lawd... I know their accents will shame and cause me to weep. 

Bigups to Mr. Glover tho! Definitely will be supporting.

L'union fait la force! Clap
Heart
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 12:46am
Jimmy John looks good in this role.  His career seems to be blossoming.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic