Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: DANIEL FAST
    Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 6:12am
good morning, i'm doing a Daniel fast with my church, and i really need ideas on foods to eat. how to get creative with out breaking the rules.

any ideas would be great. i really need this u guys!
Sponsored Links

candies View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 8:54am
Good luck on your fast!  I don't have anything to add but it did remind me that I intend on being more spiritual this year and fasting is going to be a very important element to that for me.
jLynn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 12:53pm
I found this.  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=As1uFdVdd_Ucb_VzcFWDVMAjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20090714170647AACrpSD

Hope all goes well with your fast!  I've never fasted before, but I hope to try it someday soon.  :)
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 6:34pm
Here's a link that talks about the Daniel fast and gives recipes. Hope this helps Smile.

ETA: When I did a Daniel fast a few years ago, I ate salads, fruits, soups and stir fry. I tell you it was a wonderful experience for me. I thought it was going to be hard for me to do because I'm a meat lover but the Lord bless me to find meals and I wasn't at all tempted to eat meat for the entire week that I did it.

So while you are on your fast ask the Lord to also help you pick out some things that you can eat, he will tell you.

Edited by nella - Jan 04 2011 at 6:39pm
samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 11:11pm
thanks for the help you guys. i will def check out those sites. also, i had no idea i could have stir fry. i was drooling at the stir fry in the freezer isle today when i was getting some frozen broccoli.

note to self:look into stir fry for my fast. lol
Gezelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 6:48pm

Hi Samorya, I'll be starting the Daniel Fast as well and God knows I also will need strength!!!

That's a good site Nella posted ((  hi nella  Embarrassed )), I also need to get my recipes together.  God must have given me a serious boost last year becuz I had some recipes, but didn't nearly fix half of what I wanted.  Still managed not to eat the meats, sweets, breads etc., thank God. 

Right now I happen to be listening to Jentezen Franklin, he's got a couple of recent videos on fasting.  You may have heard of him but he has lead a 21-day fasting movement for years.  I know you're doing this with you church, but if you want some more resources, you can check out his website.  what I'm watching now is this one:

and the 2nd part

for me to drive by Jack in the Box and pass up those milkshakesCryCryCry will call for a special anointingLOL   and to think i have all these coupons for free foodCryCryCryCry......but it's all for the betterTongue

So I'm praying for you, that God will strengthen you during this fast, I pray that your spiritual level will be heightened and that God will use you in ways you never imagined.  Don't forget that fasting is a part of it, don't forget to prayEmbarrassed

I was singing this today

"I'm trading my french fries,
I'm trading my milkshakes,
I'm laying them down, for the Daniel Faasssttttt"LOL

come back if you like, to give an update on how you're doing, much love to you sisEmbarrassed

Edited by Gezelle - Jan 08 2011 at 6:51pm
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2012 at 8:35am
Bump.

Finally started today
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2012 at 4:07pm
I have been on a cleanse since the 2nd of the year and it ends Thursday at midnight. Basically, I started eating only fruits and vegetables for 6 days. Then I added brown rice and at fruits, veggies, brown rice for 8 days and then I added fish. I eat fish, brown rice and fruits and veggies. I only have been drinking water, herbal teas and water with lemon.
The key is CREATIVITY. You have to get creative. Try to do different fruits every so often. Different veggies..remember sweet potatoes count as veggies and pumpkin does too. I do get to eat dried nuts and fruits as well for snacks. But yes, I have been sure to keep it creative so that I won't want to crave anything outside of what I am able to eat.
I know it is different, but I think you will be okay if you just mix things up. If you can do fresh veggies and fruits all the more merrier. I also sautee my veggies in extra virgin olive oil. Not a lot.

Good luck! You can do it:)
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2012 at 4:30pm
I'm on my second week and loving it!!!!!! I had to give up the potatoes/sweet potatoes they were making me too lethargic but I did prepare tofu for the first time last night and it was a smash the key was getting as much water out as possible and I let it marinate for at least 24 hrs I made tofu/cabbage rolls they were yum besides that I have more energy and I am thinking more clearly my skin looks phenom I've adjusted to my daily readings (I tend to suffer from Add.) I feel more at peace and calm I also have become more receptive towards people.

I would advise this to anyone looking for positive changes within themselves.....Good luck
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:00pm
Thanks for posting this will give it a try
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic