Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Dangerously MATTED thick/coarse hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
discreet. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote discreet. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dangerously MATTED thick/coarse hair
    Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:02pm
I have a little fro Embarrassed but it's dangerously matted. I know dangerously isn't the right word to use but it is very applicable and extremely accurate.

I even put olive oil in it yesterday night in hopes of washing it out today but I haven't yet, please please please help me.

It's so horrible. Cry
Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:11pm
LOL
Soak it under the water, apply a cheap conditioner with lots of slip. Suave or VO5 Moisture milks, or anything you have laying around. Real aloe vera would be perfect as it will detangle and moisturize.  In small sections, use a wide tooth comb, I suggest a denman brush, and work your way through the heavy conditioner. Twist that section and move onto another until you're all done. Apply a plastic cap and use a dryer for 20 mins. 

Rinse hair and apply more conditioner in the shower to make sure hair is soft. 
Apply leave in conditioner to wet hair and twist wet hair in small sections to dry, or style as desired. 
Moisturize hair with water based moisturizer daily. 

Edited by Derri - Dec 12 2012 at 7:12pm
discreet. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discreet. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

LOL
Soak it under the water, apply a cheap conditioner with lots of slip. Suave or VO5 Moisture milks, or anything you have laying around. Real aloe vera would be perfect as it will detangle and moisturize.  In small sections, use a wide tooth comb, I suggest a denman brush, and work your way through the heavy conditioner. Twist that section and move onto another until you're all done. Apply a plastic cap and use a dryer for 20 mins. 

Apply leave in conditioner to wet hair and twist wet hair in small sections to dry, or style as desired. 

Thank you for the help. I don't have any real Aloe in the house. Cry Unfortunately, anymore. I don't have a denman either. My hair is relatively "short" but long, you know what I mean. LOL Shrinky little thing. 

But it's just so discouraging. Should I soak it while in the shower under warm water?
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:06pm
Hello hydration conditioner or Pearl Collection Aloe Vera Cholesterol conditioner aka "green magic"should do the trick
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:20pm
yes under the warm water in the shower or if you want to use a spray bottle.

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

LOL

IA.Big smile

You could add oil to add more slip during the detangling session in the shower if needed.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:53pm
if your hair is that matted, i don't think that the first thing you should do is soak it with water. that could make the tangle/matting worse.  i would try spritzing lightly with water and drenching with conditioner to first finger detangle as best you can and then get in the shower to finish the job.

good luck!
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 8:05pm
wow, great suggestions, ladies.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 14 2012 at 8:06pm
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:12pm
like your title lol, i cosign with the others. condition condition try tresseme naturals moisture conditioner
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Kellyanna Kellyanna wrote:

Aussie moist conditioner and you should start co washing at least 5 days a week, and use a steamer...

Also were a shower cap at night to keep your hair moist...
Aussie moist conditioner is wonderful as well as 3 Minute Miracle Deeeep Moisture.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic