Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - dang, ryan leslie is having the worst week ever
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

dang, ryan leslie is having the worst week ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Your hardrive is prolly so ratchet!

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

i empathise with ryan

Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

of course he could have handled it differently.

but that doesn't negate the fact-- that this article was written in a way to suggest that he was being a cheapie cheapie and didn't want to pay merely because he got his laptop back and was trying to cheat the person who "found" it.

and as  for the third party thing....he  sent it to the manufacturer of the harddrive...hardly "rico's computer n things fix it" on 125th...so thats something to be considered.

i do think-- had the race of the parties in this case been different-- the judgement could have possibly ended different given the same exact facts.

LOL...

what I meant was...not knowing what files were on the laptop when it was delivered to RL, bringing a harddrive to a data recovery place on his own without this German guy there leaves a lot of questions out there. It's a chain of custody thing. Who knows what happened between the time RL received his laptop back to the time he took it to a data recovery place. Maybe he very well DID get his files back - or most of them, and just doesn't want to pay $1M now that he's had time to think it over.

Do I think the laptop and/or it's files are worth $1M...no...however, since there was no real verification done to confirm how many files were on the laptop when the German guy gave the laptop to RL vs how many were there when it was received by the data recovery system...and there's no official list of what files were on the laptop when it was lost, there's a lot of room for confusion there. And that's why RL lost and THAT'S why the judge said "assume that all the files were on the laptop when it was returned to RL".

I bet you moving forward RL will ALWAYS create backup files. Ouch
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:12pm

Did he really want people rifling through his laptop "validating" that certain 

UNCOPYRIGHTED, UNRELEASED music was present on the laptop?

he wanted the laptop, to validate that himself, imo

he should have given the man something for returning the laptop and when rewards/ransoms/tip monies are paid, people are fully aware that they could very well be paying the co/assailants

Edited by rickysrose - Dec 02 2012 at 2:12pm
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

but he wasn't really offering the million for a laptop shell.

he wanted his music back.

of course he should have backed it up....but thats besides the point. whats done can't be undone.

when he made his video...he was asking back for the property that was on the laptop.
not the actual laptop which could have been purchased 10000x over with the reward money.

so if someone returned a laptop w/ nothing on it...
i'd be like wtf aslo.

thats like me offering a reward for my lost dog..
and u bringing bones to me back...like here! where is my money?

This. Dude ain't gaf about that laptop. He has more than enough money to get another one. Ole boy prolly holding on to his music files and trying to get a check on top of it. I feel bad for him Cry

exactly..

but ppl seem to be forgeting this.
so not only will the "finder" get his money from ryan...

there is a very real possibility that he can make an extra profit from selling music.

must be nice.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:15pm

but he wasn't really offering the million for a laptop shell.

he wanted his music back.

of course he should have backed it up....but thats besides the point. whats done can't be undone.

when he made his video...he was asking back for the property that was on the laptop.
not the actual laptop which could have been purchased 10000x over with the reward money.

so if someone returned a laptop w/ nothing on it...
i'd be like wtf aslo.

thats like me offering a reward for my lost dog..
and u bringing bones to me back...like here! where is my money?

This. Dude ain't gaf about that laptop. He has more than enough money to get another one. Ole boy prolly holding on to his music files and trying to get a check on top of it. I feel bad for him Cry

exactly..

but ppl seem to be forgeting this.
so not only will the "finder" get his money from ryan...

there is a very real possibility that he can make an extra profit from selling music.

must be nice.

And he can only do so by saying it's an RL track. Otherwise he's just a dude peddling music in an industry that's already saturated with ppl selling beats. Sooo, in order for him to sell said music, he'd have to admit to theft. RL's tracks sell because he's RL releasing it. Not Jimbob releasing an RL track. So, unless he sells it to an equally big name who's willing to take on a potential lawsuit...no one's going to want that music.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:20pm
well that's a b!tch.
let that high yella man cry yall
drake is still a bitch though
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

And he can only do so by saying it's an RL track. Otherwise he's just a dude peddling music in an industry that's already saturated with ppl selling beats. Sooo, in order for him to sell said music, he'd have to admit to theft. RL's tracks sell because he's RL releasing it. Not Jimbob releasing an RL track. So, unless he sells it to an equally big name who's willing to take on a potential lawsuit...no one's going to want that music.

RL makes good music. You don't have to identify him for it to sell. And there are music execs who would buy that music knowing it was stolen with giving a single fawk. The music industry isn't exactly known for being ethical.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:21pm
it doesn't have to be sold as an "RL" track get sold IMO.
there are enough copyright infringement cases...where music has been stolen from lesser known producers...

and released on a main stream market.

and even if he only sells whatever music he found for 10 dollars (highly doubt that)
the fact remains he will still be getting money in addition to his reward from the court.

ryan has most  def. learned a lesson--- but I dont see the "finder" in this case to be anyone's victim.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:25pm

Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

RL makes good music. You don't have to identify him for it to sell. And there are music execs who would buy that music knowing it was stolen with giving a single fawk. The music industry isn't exactly known for being ethical.

Of course, Wyclef stays stealing music.

However, I'm talking about the finder specifically setting himself up to get sued with a move like that.

And you do need a name to sell things. I've had plenty of tracks cross my desk that sounded like booty but were being peddled hard bc Neyo wrote it for someone or Stevie Wonder's crew produced it - nevermind that the song was wompy. But ppl were willing to give it a chance just because of the name association. RL is a brand that sells well. We've all heard crap music from highly famous artists that we know for a fact would have been ignored had some unknown tried to push it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:26pm
Exactly babydoll

can you imagine someone walking into bad boy w/ a usb full of music...
"talking about diddy you want some of this?"

he would be too over joyed...
and even the possibility that it came from RL would make him nut.

like first i got ya bish..then i got ya beats..take that that.

Edited by nycdiva357 - Dec 02 2012 at 2:27pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>