Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - dang i didnt know future was haiitan.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

dang i didnt know future was haiitan.

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.83  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 157195
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

You know what's funny about this is that all I have to do on BHM is express an opinion that runs counter to what others think or be vocal about some issues to be accused of having a "veil of condescencion". Why is it condescending to be truthful about social issues that you have witnessed??? And where have I said that ALL haitian Americans were a certain way? I'm talking about things that I have seen in my numerous travels to NYC and I have a brother who's been living there for 23 years who has made the exact same comments. But all of a sudden, because I say something that could potentially cast some haitians in a bad light, I'm condescending??? Could it be that certain things are too embarassing for you to digest? I've always been a straightshooter and I like to discuss things that people would rather keep under the closet. Again, if you don't like it and it makes you feel some kind of way, click the x, cause I ain't going nowhere.
 
Edit: LOl, actually I m for now cause Law & Order SVU  is on. But you'll just have to deal with my presence. I know a lot of people here don't like me but I have my own motivations for posting on here and don't care about the naysayers
I have absolutely NO problem whatsoever discussing what you're talking about. Your delivery is the issue hence why a few people in this thread have asked you what your issue is.

I'm assuming your brother isn't young, well not my type of young anyway as I'm nearly 23 and he's been living here 23years.
When you travel, how often do you find yourself among haitian american youth? How often does your brother hang out with HA youth that aren't family?
I'm not saying that there aren't people who feel ashamed about their Haitian ethnicity, but the way you speak makes it sound like you are saying all HA's are ashamed and don't want to recognize our heritage.

I endure whomever I want to endure and I've never needed your say so to do so or not do so.


 
There's nothing wrong with my delivery and as long as I know that I'm speaking my truth, I have no problem with myself. The initial discussion was about the music industry. I said out lout something that a lot of haitians know to be true but might not necessarily want to have exposed and I got slammed for it. Big fat deal. As for the attitudes regarding ethnicity, I've said a million times that things have been changing and that some of the thing I wrote about I experienced mostly in the past. As for my brother, he hangs with a lot of people, haitian included. And I have not said that all HA feel that way, but you feel the need to twist my words to make your point. It,s your prerogative. Whether you endure me or not is of no consequence to me because that will not stop me from posting. I dislike hypocrisy in all its forms, that's my issue.


Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Feb 06 2013 at 9:11pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 08 2007
Location: Escarpin
Status: Offline
Points: 456992
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

isn't JP the one who's family moved from America back to Canada because of bullying issues and stuff like that? because they were haitian? 
 
Yes, it was my sister that was getting beat up in school so bad that she came home with hematomas on her forehead on a daily basis. So I know what I'm talking about. If it weren't for that situation, I would have been raised in NYC.


wow--that's terribleOuch
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 157195
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

isn't JP the one who's family moved from America back to Canada because of bullying issues and stuff like that? because they were haitian? 
 
Yes, it was my sister that was getting beat up in school so bad that she came home with hematomas on her forehead on a daily basis. So I know what I'm talking about. If it weren't for that situation, I would have been raised in NYC.


wow--that's terribleOuch
 
It was for her at the time but all things considered, if that hadn't happened, we wouldn't have moved back to Canada. I have no desire to live in the States at all, it's too rough for me. I visit a lot because I have family there. And my sister bounced back and became an engineer


Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Feb 06 2013 at 9:17pm
Back to Top
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jan 27 2009
Location: Wife & Aunt
Status: Offline
Points: 87775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:31pm
Of course you have no problem with yourself, you're you.LOL You don't see it, but, others in this thread did even before the entertainment industry talk came up.
If you said that things have been changing it got lost in your diatribes because I don't remember seeing it.
I've not twisted your words, I have, however, told you what I feel your font reads like, to clearly more than one person here. I never said you had to like it or agree with it. I told you my opinion, and you told me yours. Again, I have no problem with what you're discussing, I just don't like the way you've 'said' some of it but it's whatever.  It doesn't seem like you will understand that point and you'll probably continue to act like I or others are trying o dismiss what you were speaking about.

Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 157195
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Of course you have no problem with yourself, you're you.LOL You don't see it, but, others in this thread did even before the entertainment industry talk came up.
If you said that things have been changing it got lost in your diatribes because I don't remember seeing it.
I've not twisted your words, I have, however, told you what I feel your font reads like, to clearly more than one person here. I never said you had to like it or agree with it. I told you my opinion, and you told me yours. Again, I have no problem with what you're discussing, I just don't like the way you've 'said' some of it but it's whatever.  It doesn't seem like you will understand that point and you'll probably continue to act like I or others are trying o dismiss what you were speaking about.

 
LOL, you'd rather I had a problem with myself??? What others see is someone who is opinionated, and who once in a while likes to discuss topics that don't have to do with Beyonce. Some folks don't like that but I don't actually post on here to collect thanks. Haitian/Guadeloupean shrug.  And I don't plan on dumming it down just to make people happy. I will say the sky is blue and some people on here will find a way to call me condescending. So I'ma be me.
Back to Top
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jan 27 2009
Location: Wife & Aunt
Status: Offline
Points: 87775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 10:59pm
Where in my post did I say I'd rather you have a problem with yourself? When you find it let me know. You don't see how you are typing because YOU are typing it. There are plenty of educated people on this board and not a thing you posted in this thread was complex in nature at all. I don't post to collect thanks either so join the club. I knew you wouldn't understand though it isn't a hard concept to grasp. It's the way your words come off to others (which is why more than one person in this thread was asking you what your issue is)not the message or what's being discussed. You should go back and read because not one person here disagreed with your message, just the delivery (apparently this isn't the only thread you've some off like this as indicated earlier by other posters). If you still don't understand that now, I doubt you'll understand it now so adieu.


Back to Top
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 24 2011
Location: No1curr
Status: Offline
Points: 197584
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:03pm
When I see Imthatdiva writing paragraphs, I know I gotta read the rest of the thread now LOL
Back to Top
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jan 27 2009
Location: Wife & Aunt
Status: Offline
Points: 87775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

When I see Imthatdiva writing paragraphs, I know I gotta read the rest of the thread now LOL
DeadLOLLOLLOL

sn: I don't know how to dougie but every time I see your siggy I try LOLCryLOL
Back to Top
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 24 2011
Location: No1curr
Status: Offline
Points: 197584
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:21pm

I don't know how to dougie either. I learned how to wutang recently but by the time I perfected it no one wutanged anymore Ouch
Back to Top
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jan 27 2009
Location: Wife & Aunt
Status: Offline
Points: 87775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:


I don't know how to dougie either. I learned how to wutang recently but by the time I perfected it no one wutanged anymore Ouch
Lol I don't know how to do that either CryCryCry We can come up with our own dance. It'll never be out of style. It can start something like this:

Then this:




And this:



And end with this:





Edited by ImThatDiva - Feb 06 2013 at 11:48pm
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down