BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

dang i didnt know future was haiitan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 39>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.83  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i know lots of haitians.  i do ask ppl at school if they're haitian if i hear a french last name. i sniff out the haitians for personal knowledge. 

lol.
But never mind me. I'm trying to be messy now
Sponsored Links

Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:54pm
Exactly HD
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:54pm
it [the shame] had a lot to do with the HIV/AIDS epidemic IMO and the stigma attached to Haitians
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

i know lots of haitians.  i do ask ppl at school if they're haitian if i hear a french last name. i sniff out the haitians for personal knowledge. 

lol.

those are not the only haitians i know ma'am.  im just talking about at school i seek haitians. irl--i grew up around plenty of haitians.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

lmaoo, i think it depend on the time period AND area you grew up in. i know a guy that is half and was bashing haitians to the fullest.  then I know haitians that are a quarter and claim nothing else. 

At one point I was ashamed then my family woke me.

True. I'm older. But I have some cousins in their 20's acting dum. Glad you are proud of who you are now. We are Toussaint Louverture's people
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:56pm

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

lol.

those are not the only haitians i know ma'am.  im just talking about at school i seek haitians. irl--i grew up around plenty of haitians.

You didn't get my sarcasm. that's not what I meant. It's a good thing that you know them from school, lol.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Dapheny Dapheny wrote:

Well, for my age group 19. It just started being "okay" or "cool" to be Haitian
If you would have asked elementary and middle school kids( during my time) to rep being Haitian they would have declined. they would have rather been anything but Haitian tsk tsk

me to. i'm 23. at that time all the images coming in from haiti were bad. then you had the guy with the broom stick, and we were just starting to get over the whole aids thing.  plus being raised around dominicans did not help my haitian self esteem
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:58pm
Don't know any Haitians.. Except people from BHM.. I really don't know anything about them or why they should be ashamed of where they're from..

Edited by Sinnamon_Mami - Feb 04 2013 at 10:00pm
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:00pm
How you typo your own nationality?

eta: Disregard this post if that's how y'all spell it amongst yourselves. Embarrassed

Edited by FarraFace - Feb 04 2013 at 10:02pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Originally posted by Dapheny Dapheny wrote:

Well, for my age group 19. It just started being "okay" or "cool" to be Haitian
If you would have asked elementary and middle school kids( during my time) to rep being Haitian they would have declined. they would have rather been anything but Haitian tsk tsk

me to. i'm 23. at that time all the images coming in from haiti were bad. then you had the guy with the broom stick, and we were just starting to get over the whole aids thing.  plus being raised around dominicans did not help my haitian self esteem

That's honest. I was getting unnerved earlier because some of the same people that keep yacking about how the media does black america a disservice are spewing ignorant albeit benign crap themselves when it comes to haitians and don't understand what the big deal is. Anyways, most dominicans are completely screwed up anyways. Don,t forget we may be poor but WE ARE THE ONLY NATION THAT KICKED OUT MASSA. WE'RE THE REAL DJANGO
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 39>