FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damage from overstretching.

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damage from overstretching.
    Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 6:48pm
I think the front of my hair sustained damage from over stretching in puffs. You will see what I mean if you take a single piece of healthy hair, and pull on it slowly. You will see it will stretch to the point that it is straight, and will not revert back. I thought all the straightness at the front was due to heat damage, but I felt like it was too much heat damage to say that I have not used heat since September of 2012. When I do my puffs I brush my damp hair upwards to smooth it and then use a knee high around my edges to force the hair back into a puff and tie it. I also have some random single straight hairs throughout my hair that I had wondered about which obviously can't be heat damage. I have cut off all the heat damage/stretched hair at the front which left with with like 5 inches in the bang area but I just wanted to warn everyone that tight hairstyles and physical stretching can damage the hair just like heat can.
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 1:01pm
good tip.

i just found that out a few month from the video. i dont use brushes but i was doing the wet buns and high buns and found breakage in the front.  im always learning something new, it just never ends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb33l7P1H4
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 11:14am
Is ur puff unstretched? I want to do a wash and go puff but my hair has started knotting.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 11:33pm
Yes my puff was unstretched.

I think I'm gonna do a heavy protein treatment. My hair is too soft and stretchy when wet. I think my random straight strands came from when I found ssks and pulled them off with my fingers instead of cutting them off.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic