BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Dallas People

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 11:45pm
LOL Model.. hell yeah, Houston is big as hell. It can take over 45 minutes to get to diff places WITHIN Houston city limits with mostly highway driving

Bailey... ummm... about that.. let me  get a better paying job first!

I'd hate to live in a Houston suburb. I wouldn't mind living right off of 288 in Pearland because I'm always there shopping.. but Katy is a hellllllll naw. Maybe a suburb (only if its close to the highway) when I get married and have kids..
Sponsored Links

cutie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:06am
i've only visited Houston and Dallas and i'd much rather live in Dallas.  I stayed with my cousin in Rowlett? and the entire area was nothing but nice houses.  and i could get a nice house for way cheaper than what i would here.  my only concern with dallas is the weather.  i'm a tropical person and i don't deal very well with the cold.  even atlanta was too cold for me in the winter.  but i always hear good things about the schools in dallas, which is something that i need to pay attention to for the little one whenever that time comes.
whatever you do, just don't move to new orleansLOL
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:11am

new orleansDead

that and atlanta are on my do NOT ever visit list
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:44am
Houston weather is better to me. Dallas is further north and it seems to be cooler and have snow days...which I hate.

So when I move to Houston in a couple of years, Cypress is where I need to look. I'm always in the area around the Galleria (I think around westeimer) area and that area seems nice.

Plus, I think anywhere will have a better nightlife than Dallas, I'm so fed up with those ratchet clubs but that's the only few I hear people talking about.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:53am

it was snow in houston just a few days ago....

no snow in dallas yet
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:59am
Originally posted by atexaschick atexaschick wrote:

Houston weather is better to me.

LOL I promise you'll change your mind in July.

Houston has a huge night life
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 4:05am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

it was snow in houston just a few days ago....

no snow in dallas yet

there was horrible weather with snow in dallas in december or january (I can't remember the month, all i can remember is cars sliding everywhere and I20 & 1-35 being a dangerous commute). It has snowed at least once a year in Dallas the last 4 years I have been here. Houston area and central texas is not as bad as the northern part of Texas.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 4:06am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Houston weather is better to me.

LOL I promise you'll change your mind in July.

Houston has a huge night life

I need to experience it more often

Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 6:35am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I was thinking about Dallas or Houston.
Probably in 2 years.

I have to move.
I'll come. Back to my beloved later

I would definitely do Houston, if it was out of the Dallas or Houston.

Dallas does seem a little "ratchet" or hood depending on where you're at. It seems like I can't find the balance,its either hood or richy, other than the Arlington area I don't know what town is nice for young black professionals in their early 20's.

Also as far as nightlife, I think it sucks also. Maybe because I really don't know all the hot spots in the metroplex but I hate having to choose between Zouk or Beamers all the timeDead

Guuuuuuuuurllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Dont get me startedLOL

Beamers is a hot mess all the way around. It was popping when I moved here almost 5 years ago but now.... I just side eye anyone that mentions going to beamers.. smh.

I've always wanted to experience the night life in Houston though.. I have a few friends that live there. Might go visit in a month or two.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic