Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Daily Wash n Go for Long Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daily Wash n Go for Long Hair?
    Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 10:31pm
Hey guys,

are any of you daily wash n goers with hair BSL or beyond that you grew to that length while crediting daily or near daily (every other day or other) wash n goes?

I'm trying out a wash n go regimen that's been going well for me the last two months, but im' worried that the daily wetting might rear its ugly head far down the line. is my fear irrational? what do you ladies who have personal experience in this think? 
My hair is healthy and my ends are thick, but i don't know of any long-haired curlies or coilies who wash n go everyday. 

my hurr:
stretched it's about two inches from APL. in the crown it's anywhere from 8 inches to 12 and the bottom half of hair is about 8 to 10 inches. Thx!
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 12:10am
I used to rock 'em in the summer time when I lived in NY...but I had to leave the conditioner in it in order to reduce the shrinkage. I retained a lot of length during that time..but once the weather changed I couldn't do them anymore. So...it depends on what you do to lock the moisture in and how much manipulation goes into the styling. Now that I got my scalp issues in check..I don't wash my hair as much and I noticed a big difference in growth and health of my hair. Stretched my hair goes to the bottom of my shoulder blades.

Edited by khivey - Mar 15 2014 at 12:10am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 6:57pm
thank you for your response. luckily i live in a hot climate (south georgia) so i've never really had to worry about temperature. hopefully i can grow my hair out to at least BSL using this method, but i'll definitely keep in mind that as it gets longer i may have to find longer-lasting styles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 1:34pm
hey guys. just popping in to say that i think i've figured out how to preserve the wash n go til at least day three. :) might not have to do the daily dance after all! i just have been twisting my hair nightly and undoing in the morning, squirting my hair with a spray bottle of water and following up with conditioner (just a little), and my curls have been popping. not as defined as on day one but close enough and fluffy enough to suit me. i like this! 
but i'm still interested in knowing who's had success with WNGing everyday!

this is day three for me and it looks like this ( frizzy up top and stringy around my face, bunched up at the nape): 
day two looked like this: 
and day one was the best, but, eh lol it comes with the territory, i suppose Wink
i'm going to try for another few days and see how my hair evolves over the course of the rest of the week, and report my results here for those who are curious. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style