Topic Closeddaily use of baking soda?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
traccy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2011 at 2:55am
 Baking soda is a base that can effectively reduce and manage your body .my skin is very oily. I have used daily this product. baking powder is clean my oily skin and free of dark sports and give me glowing skin.

how to jump high
bodybuilding workouts
Sponsored Links

Mr.Bigglesworth View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 10:34am
I don't know...
I tried b.s(exfoliation) and it was amazing for my skin. It felt really soft incl. my knees which usually feel rough My knees still feel great. BUT, I applied the b.s(mixed with water) with my bare hands. Now my hands look shiny and they don't feel soft, they feel slimey-soft, like the way your fingers feel when you accidentally put super glue on them. I've washed my hands multiply times, and now it looks like my hands are flaking. My hands feel like sandpaper, because of the flaking. I can exfoliate dead skin using my hands, lol. I don't think I'm using b.s again. I'll sugar+coconut oil.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by *braidbeauty* *braidbeauty* wrote:

I love the effects OF baking soda for my skin in terms of clearing black marks and decreasing shine. So much so that I want to use it as a daily exfoliate. But is it mild enough to use daily? If not what are some good suggestions? I know that not everyone should exfoliate daily, but I have very oily skin and i read it is ok for people who have that skin type. Thank you

Not really.  Daily exfoliation would cause your skin to become more oily and plus the pH level in baking soda, which is very alkaline, is not good for the skin.  Healthy skin has a pH level of 5.5.  Baking soda has an pH level of 9.  If you want to exfoliate, use acids approved for skin such as glycolic acid, salicylic acid, etc.

From my personal experience, I have tried baking soda with Cetaphil and my goodness my skin broke out tremendously.  I even just use baking soda paste and still the same results.  Baking soda is a bit strong.  It is like using Tide on a cashmere sweater.
sueg1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2012 at 6:41am
I think daily use of Baking Soda make your skin rough and harsh. I have never tried but now i will use once or twice a week to remove black spots from my face.

http://www.callsolicitors.co.uk/bristol/listing-no-win-no-fee-solicitors. - No Win No Fee Compensation Solicitors In Bristol
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic