Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cursing in front of children

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:35pm
Im mindful not to cuss around other peoples kids when i dont know whether or not they dont like their kids to here it (ex. At the store, etc)

However, when i have my own kids, i will cuss in front of them with no problem . I wont cuss AT them..but in front of them? Yes.
Sponsored Links

dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:35pm
I think telling kids not to curse, while cursing around them takes away a parent, aunts, uncles, older fam. members clout and confuses the kids.

I wouldn't curse around little ones.
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:37pm
i don't but sometimes i'll slip up in front of my niece and she'll correct me.
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

Do you curse in front of children? I am asking this because I heard a mother cursing in front of her 9 year old like it was nothing. My friend has a son that is 14 and I she was cursing at him too. Then I heard the mother talking about smoking weed and other sorts of stuff. Am I a prude for finding this out of order

No. I don't curse in general. But my mom does. I told her that you can't talk about Jesus and use the b word in the same breath. I have begged her not to curse in front of niece (the 1st granchild) and I told her I don't want her cursing in front of my son (who will be her 2nd grandchild). I think our kids deserve better. My in laws do not curse in front of their grandkids (which will be my son's cousins on my hubby's side). I figure they don't even know the Lord and they can practice restraint, then my mom who is in Christ should. I feel like she can do more damage because she is talking about God all the time.
freedom76 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedom76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by dijah.love dijah.love wrote:

I think telling kids not to curse, while cursing around them takes away a parent, aunts, uncles, older fam. members clout and confuses the kids.

I wouldn't curse around little ones.

There will be other things kids aren't allowed to do that adults are allowed to do.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:45pm
my dh's bf and his wife cuss all the time. around their kids. well they say their kids know better than to repeat it.

i can count how many times i have heard my parents cuss; once my dad said motherfvker at a driver, i think once my mom said son of a b!tch [but it was in Creole [and i am guessing at this translation--but i know it had something to do with a mother] and ironically it was at me--so she just cursed herself.  i don't remember what i did but i must have really really pissed her off].  

my mom said b!tch around me last year and she apologized.  she was repeating a story to me and telling me her friend said "hell" and she looked so uncomfortable and whispered it.

that's about it.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:01pm
My mum did and i turned out f***ing fine

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:11pm
Upon reflection.... i have to admit I have to confess i do curse around smaller kids but in my defense it has been at places kids should not be i.e sports bars after 9pm and sporting events. Its been heat of the moment stuff and I dont like to be shushed.
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:14pm
I have but not intentionally more like a slip but my nephew will tell me I did by saying "oooo you said a bad word" lol. My dad use to curse at us all the time and wondered why his children have foul mouths
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Upon reflection.... i have to admit I have to confess i do curse around smaller kids but in my defense it has been at places kids should not be i.e sports bars after 9pm and sporting events. Its been heat of the moment stuff and I dont like to be shushed.

i do not stop myself from cursing at a sports bar.  your kid should not be there and i wish a motherfvkker would shush meSleepy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style