Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Curls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Curly perms?**Newer May 2010 Pics**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 112>

Bootiful Cream

Author
umph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2008 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by stephshe stephshe wrote:

WN is still a curl or body perm and rods are still used but there is a person that posted a few days ago in the Avalon Ferm post a few days ago that when she got WN once it was never truly curly for her(others have said this too) and that she always got really curly results with carefree curl. She has been getting the curl for 8 years so read what she had to say, it was interesting.

A lot of people have had some bad results with WN but a few have had good results. My stylist actually said that WN is more damaging to the hair in his opinion. Ask your stylist if she can get the carefree curl for you, the process is the same and the product at the bss is pretty cheap.
Wow! thanks, there is a ton of information there!
Sponsored Links

umph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2008 at 5:59pm
Went to the Soft Sheen Carson site and this is the description for Carefree Curl:

"Exclusively formulated for today’s “Dry Curl” style to help prevent hair breakage while providing “round the clock” moisture control without excess wetness. Excellent for body waves and natural styles."

This is exactly what I'm looking for... my stylist texted me and let me know she only does WN... gotta find a new stylist!!! I'm on vacation this week and was hoping to flaunt new style on Monday... I'll call a few 'past' stylist I've had and see what I come up with...  there are many elderly women in the church sportin' curls I'll check w/them first... Unhappy
nnr0704 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnr0704 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2008 at 6:16pm

Hey Umph,

I sent you a PM with ome WN info and a couple of pics but in my research most people seem to say the WN is damaging and thins out their hair. Personally, I think I am leaning towards the carefree curl. Try a couple of "Healthy Hair" salons. I called several here in Jacksonville today and they all said they have been getting requests for a naturally curly look without it beng natural. Smile

stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 9:03am
Hey umph, yeah I think it's best you try to find another stylist because the one thing you don't want is to get this process and it has your hair too dry,shedding and without enough curls. Call around to a few salons and make sure they actually have clients now that are getting this done too so you will know they are experienced. Also make sure they use the largest rod they can(and still be able to make  nice curls) because if they use the tiny rods it will come out like a tight afro curl. My stylist used white,purple and peach but I think this time I want only peach and maybe a few of purple. 
umph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 12:34pm
Ladies thanks so much for your input!!! Greatly appreciated!!! I have an appointment TOMORROW for Carefree Curl. This Salon only stocks Carefree Curl & WN- I specified that I don't want anything but CFC and was told no problem come in today- I'll be there tomorrow!!! I was told they restock CFC on the regular so that tells me that many people are going there to get it done!!! Stephshe thanks for the rods sizes- I definitely want the loosest curl available.  nnr0704, thanks again for the PM because that feedback is just what I needed. I was actually thinking about getting WN because of my appt for Friday and all but, not after reading those posts. Thanks so much. If you look at my avatar you get the gist as to how my hair looks unstyled LOL so after such a long wait I really want the BEST choice available and WN is not it. Going to the Softsheen site has really helped too because if distinctly tells you the difference of the two processes/outcome. I know this is really long.... sorry. Wish me luck!
kizzaray24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kizzaray24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 2:51pm
Hi umph! I am dedicated to the Carefree Curl and Carefree Gold products for daily maintenance. I use Organics Olive Oil and any pomade on sale. Honestly, I only let my stylist wash my hair because my curls did not snap back quickly when I washed it my first few times. She uses Kurl Fixer products in a blue bottle when she washes. i have not found these product in any bss though. I also hear that CareFree's Snap Back is useful after a wash. I plan on trying the Kera Kare products and following stephshe's regimen that she posted previously  if i ever become bold enough. And no pick...use a two or three-tailed comb with wide-spaced teeth for combing and for extra volume.

Good luck tomorrow and you know we like pics!!! 
umph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by kizzaray24 kizzaray24 wrote:

Hi umph! I am dedicated to the Carefree Curl and Carefree Gold products for daily maintenance. I use Organics Olive Oil and any pomade on sale. Honestly, I only let my stylist wash my hair because my curls did not snap back quickly when I washed it my first few times. She uses Kurl Fixer products in a blue bottle when she washes. i have not found these product in any bss though. I also hear that CareFree's Snap Back is useful after a wash. I plan on trying the Kera Kare products and following stephshe's regimen that she posted previously  if i ever become bold enough. And no pick...use a two or three-tailed comb with wide-spaced teeth for combing and for extra volume.

Good luck tomorrow and you know we like pics!!! 
I remember back in the day how mine took 2-3 days to snap back after washing and did the exact same thing... let my stylist do the washing; it grew so fast she also did a trim. I used to get washings every 2.5 - 3 weeks.  Okay, no pick Wink I'm leaving the 80's behind slowly but surley.

Yeah, I'll definitely upload pics! Thanks!
stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 5:05pm
Good Luck Umph!Big%20smile  Hi kizzaray!

Edited by stephshe - Aug 26 2008 at 5:06pm
icysweet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icysweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 5:22pm
looks great..Steph.  I love how it came out.
nnr0704 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnr0704 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 6:19pm
Good luck Umph!!!!!Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 112>