Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 112>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
umph View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by stephshe stephshe wrote:

Hey umph, my stylist used white and purple rods in the front and peach in the back. The purples are larger than the white and peach are the largest. I want to use all peach or maybe peach and purple mixed for my 1st touch up. Not sure when that will be yet but my new growth is getting out of handLOL(been almost 3 months)

You know I am all about megatek for growth and I think I heard MTG smells  so you might want to do some research on thatWink.  

Girl, thanks I did read about the MTG being stinky but I'm gonna attempt to mix w/EVCO to mask the smell and hope it helps... I haven't gotten it yet but should any day. I only ordered the 6 oz size. My hair is growing pretty steady but I still have the hereditary hairline SO I'm hoping that after ALL these years this products works... if not I'll try the MT next. I read somewhere that some ladies use BOTH MTG & MT... I don't believe in mixing products like that... I'll try one at a time... By Christmas I hope to be using the peach and purple rods!!! I believe I fixed the 'itchiness" problem I had, I started wearing a cap to bed at night! My scalp/hair retains moisture and I use less product in the mornings. I went back to 80's on this one - lol - but still no pickWink
Sponsored Links

deeden View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 2:24pm
Hey stephshe, I'm new to this post but i'm loving ur hair like everyone else.
question?

Can you apply on your own the carefreecurl product?  I live in NYC i'm sure there's somewhere I out here who does it but where to look? do u remember how long your stylist  kept product in your hair when first done?

and after the product is in ur hair then you have to put rods in them to achieve the curlie look? what does your hair looks like when it's wet?

I have so many questions cuz my hair is 4b-c i think so i've always wanted to strenght my curls alittle and stop the frizzy tight look...PLEASE HELP! U MAY BE THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!!!!!

stephshe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 8:26am
Hi deedenSmile! I would not suggest that you apply the product yourself because it is a 2 step process (a straighter and then the curling process) so it could really damage your hair if not done correctly.

I did a lot of research before I got mine and initially wanted the Ferm by Avalon so I went to the avalon website and put in my zip codes for stylist in my area but none of them did the Ferm. One really sweet stylist did tell me the owner did body perms(curls) often and had a lot of knowledge so I went for a consultation the next day and he wanted me to wait for more growth so I could get a good wave pattern so I wanted 2 more months. After my curl was done I loved it and the stylist explained to me that the brand of the chemical really didn't matter it was the stylist and their knowledge of the product and rolling techinque. I was shocked when he told me it was carefree curl because I didn't know I would get such a great look.(he did tell me he didn't like wave nouveau though because he thought it was more harsh on the hair) 

As far as the process your hair is straightened with a chemical that looks similar to a relaxer but it's not a relaxer. I had to sit under the dryer with it on and then it was rinsed out and he rolled my hair with rods and put some liquid stuff on. I sat under the dryer again, I sat at the rinse bowl and he put a liquid chemical on while I sat with my head back then he rinsed it. I then sat in his chair and he took the rods out and it was curly. When my hair is wet it is curly and I never have to apply rods at all but you will have to keep it really moistured at first. Now I don't have to use as much product to moisture because I think my hair has really adjusted to the chemical. I really love it and I am going to try and get a retouch within the next few weeks. I still wear half wigs for length right now because I am not use to short hair but I really love the curl and I know that once it gets longer it will be just what I have always wanted but you've got to start somewhere. I think this has been the best decision for me. Let me know if you have more questionsSmile

Edited by stephshe - Oct 02 2008 at 8:45am
princessblack View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 10:24am
Hi all i have been keeping an eye on this forum for a while as i am thining of doing the curl. However my friend who own a salon seems dead set against me doing it and keeps advising i geet a relaxer. I am not sure where i will be able to find a stylist who does it over here (i am in the UK) but from my recollection most of the salons only do WN. I have read numerous opinions on the best curl and am jsut wondering what the real difference is with the CFC and the WN? is it that one is harsha than the other or is there a difference with the way the curl turns out?

I had the WN a few years ago, but when i made the desision i hadnt thought it through and a little while later changed back to relaxer. I dont ever want to relax again as my hair just breaks off even with constant moisture. I took some professional photos with the curl and will change it to my avatar pic for those that are interested
deeden View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 10:47am
yes more questions stephshe!,

okay now that ur hair is curlie, can u blow it out to get a straight look? and can u braid it  if u wanted to rock braids for the day? what if u just wanted to grow it out will there be  breakage like a relaxer? can u go swimming wit it?  can ur man run his fingers thru your hair without alot of product in his hands lolWink????? other than being curlie, what other styles can u do with it..that's key for me.

I hope u answer all questions girl:)LOL

the_red_iris View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by deeden deeden wrote:

yes more questions stephshe!,

okay now that ur hair is curlie, can u blow it out to get a straight look? and can u braid it  if u wanted to rock braids for the day? what if u just wanted to grow it out will there be  breakage like a relaxer? can u go swimming wit it?  can ur man run his fingers thru your hair without alot of product in his hands lolWink????? other than being curlie, what other styles can u do with it..that's key for me.

I hope u answer all questions girl:)LOL

i am also interested in this....Smile

stephshe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 1:40pm
Hi princessblackSmile! Some have said that the ph in the WN is higher than other curly perms which I don't know for sure on that but  from what I have read from others is that it shed a lot(you will have shedding with any curl perm though) and some have said that after a few weeks like 3 or 4 the curl pattern is straight on the ends. I have had my curl for 3 months and it is looser than when I first got it done but it's still curly. I prefer the looser curly anyway. There are some that really like the WN though. There is a girl that posted  a while ago about hers. I'll try to find the post and bump it to the first page so you can see.

Deeden- Member Kizzaray did flat iron hers and it looked nice, she had a fotki with pictures, it may be in this post or in the Avalon ferm post towards last page. I did flat iron the front portion of my hair so I could wear a straight half wig and it worked well. I used a spray on heat protectant and another product that helps your hair not to revert back to curly until you wash it. You are really not suppose to keep your hair straight for a long amount of time though. I have pretty much decided to do lace wigs for straight looks because I would never really want to straighten my entire head. I may want to when it gets really long though. You can wear braids but you need to still keep it moist or you will have a lot of shedding and again I wouldn't keep them in for long either. I had a curl when I was 13 and didn't like it back then( too tight) I think I kept it for 6 months and I put a relaxer right over it. I can't say this would work for everyone but my hair didn't fall out and I didn't have a problem at all. My man can run his fingers through my hair and not have product on his hands if I didn't just apply the productWink. Otherwise he will have to wait on it to dry. When my hair is dry it's not greasy but has a nice moisture. I use Dr Donni Cannon curl softening lotion.  In order to get a curl you just really have to love the curly look because I don't think you should be doing a lot of straights styles too often or you could have more damage. Swimming should be fine too but what I would do is put a conditioner in your hair before you swim just to coat your hair from the chlorine and I would suggest that with any chemically processed hair and then you wash it out when you are finished and apply lots of product to keep it from drying out.  
stephshe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 1:54pm
Princessblack- I couldn't bump the topic of the wave nouveau but I found it on the third page and the topic was "my wave nouveau pics" by member klr19742003.
deeden View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 4:28pm
wow stephshe! u gave me alot to think about...i love curlie hair and i also want the growth i keep hearing about but after about a year or so i may just let it grow out once i achieve the growth that i want cause i like to wear it str8 sometimes for special occasions...oh man what to do cause now is a good time to do it so my hair can be long for next summer......so now i have to talk to a stylist bout this:)

thks for your help!
stephshe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 10:14pm
Deeden,  I think you'd be fine having the curl if you only want to straighten for special occasions and not on a constant basis. Just take your time and decide what is best for you. It took me years to finally take the leap to do this. I can't wait to see what my hair looks like in a year too and I will try to be one of the ones to keep posting as much as possible so that every one knows about this option for our hair.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 112>
  Share Topic