BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Curls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly perm on texturized hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Lovebug316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebug316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly perm on texturized hair
    Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:12pm
I'm 15 years and my grandmom believes girl should have long straight hair when i became natural she didnt support me at all she has a perminate jherri curl type thing and my mother is mixed so there was no one to help me with my extremely thick thick thick hair i had different grades of hair all over my head which made it tangle even more ;(. One day my grandmom droped me off at the hair dresser(her family friend) and the salon was empty the stylist also media brainwashed continually kept say my hair wa too nappy, and several negative comments when they both decided they were going to relax me hair against my will and i started crying. (I live in a white neighborhood the only natural girl when i bc and transitioned i was bullied alot) My aunt the stylyist wouldnt let me go and told me i was too pretty for the natural look is took an hour of crying and beseching but we compromised and i ended up getting a texturizer. I went natural so i could feel confident in my hair but also because i want to grow out my virgin hair to perminately curl it.

After all this my hair is almost exactly the same as it was before and the random curl pattern didnt change. But im still no longer natural :(

Its been a atleast 5 months and i want to know if i can get a curl perm or gina curl or can my hair not take it? Im so depressed because im an athlete and cant mannage being natural but i dont want straight hair for the life of me
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 10:00pm
The text laxed hair will not take a permanent curl. That would have to be cut off if you get a curly perm leaving you only the natural hair at your roots. I am assuming they used a lye or no lye relaxerl
ThatGirlKarla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGirlKarla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 3:00pm
Hi , no need to intruded but I'm really confused about what to do with my hair right now. I had it cut and bleached last november with the idea of starting a new growth regime. It was going well until about february I had it braided , so the growth might speed up. But when I took them out , it did grew back , but now it think it wanna cut again becuz the color is growing out and there's split ends every where. So I'm planning to cut it. But I also really really like curly hair , and I was wondering , like how its processed and all if I could put in a curly perm with out falling out ? Or is there anything else I can do to it so it say curly for awhile. Please help me
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 3:39pm

I don't think you said if it is relaxed or not.  You didn't say how long it is either I don't think. knowing the natural hair texture you have would also be helpful. but in general you can buy some CURLFORMERS and just set the hair on them like on rollers IF it is long enough to use them. If you don't have those you could use rollers. But this will go away when the hair is wet.

IF there is no relaxer in the hair you could get a  WAVE NOUVEAU chemical treatment set ON the CURLFORMERS or a rod  so that the hair has that spiral curl pattern even when wet. 

They make a fine/color treated formula for the  Wave Nouveau  but it is likely the hair would break a lot if you try to do both color and a permanent curl. Maybe you could just use a tint on only some strands for highlights  and then do the permanent curl like Wave Nouveau. That way if some breaks it is only some strands

Hope that helps

PS If you straighten the hair with a Japanese Thermal Chemical straightener, you can switch between a permanent curl or a permanent straightening over time because they both change the hair's structure using the same chemical. If you use a regular relaxer in the hair, however you can not though because the chemicals are incompatible

SOME STYLISTS ARE JUST USING REGULAR PERMANENT WAVE KITS FOR CAUCASIAN HAIR ON AFRO HAIR TO PRODUCE AN IN BETWEEN EFFECT.... IT DOES NOT SMOOTH THE HAIR MUCH, IT ALMOSTS STILL LOOKS NATURAL. YOU COULD TRY THIS YOURSELF AT HOME ACTUALLY WITH ANY PERMANENT WAVE KIT FOR CAUCASIAN HAIR FROM YOUR LOCAL BEAUTY SUPPLY AND SOME PURPLE OR LARGER PERM RODS (1/2" wide or wider perm rods) The wider the rod the better. Or you could do this on curlformers Follow the permanent wave instructions in the box. It will NOT be a very defined curl outcome... Your hair will almost still look natural but with a LITTLE looser curl definition. If you do it over again in 3 months it will look better

So again all this "Gina Curl" is is just rolling up natural kinky hair and just using any regular Caucasian perrmanent wave kit on it as if she had straight hair.... It SLIGHTLY loosens the hair a little and gives a LITTLE curl definition. You COULD try that at home yourself with any permanent wave kit from Sally's beauty supply. If your hair is color treated, get a color treated permanent wave formula... It is gentler than a relaxer or texturizer but there still might be some shedding if your hair is color treated. AND IF you have regular relaxer on your ends they will not curl and could break off.

Joico K-Pak Professional H.K.P. Liquid Protein Chemical Perfector  can help to equalize porosity and serve as a ppt protein treatment used along with your permanent wave

I have a japanese hair straightener in my hair... I might get 2" wide JUMBO curlformers and a color treated permanentwave kit and try this on my hair at some point Tongue

Edited by LadyAradia - May 15 2013 at 5:31pm
Gina Rivera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina Rivera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 11:51am
The trend of switching from chemical to natural doesn't seem to be slowing down at all! But are salons keeping up on their skills in maintaining those clients looking to make the transition? Clients want to try their hand at going natural but some do not realize the care they must take to ensure their hair remains healthy and strong. Some of the issues that come up are breakage, problem scalp and daily styling.

If you're thinking of going natural, make sure you receive regular moisture treatments and protein treatments for the hair that still has chemical. Natural hair may mean more product to define curls and control frizz. More product usage means more cleansing. Product build up can lead to dry itchy scalps. Getting a thorough hair and scalp cleansing is a must.

All this work can seem daunting, especially for those clients who don’t know how to care for their hair and do not syle much on their own. They like the idea of having their curls back but are afraid of being unable to manage it.

Now there is a solution to all the hard work needed in keeping up with natural tightly coiled hair, product costs, dry and sometimes a bad odored scalp cause by a rushed and improper shampoo.

The New and Improved Gina Curl is easier to Manage Hair,

The New and Improved Gina Curl is an alternative to formaldehyde smoothing systems, sodium hydroxide relaxers and other harsh chemical services, allowing you to have a soft curl pattern. This is similar to a Thermal Reconditioning but requires a rod set instead of the use of blow dryer or flat iron during a Thermal Recondition process.

•Eliminates overlapping when doing a retouch curl.

•Helps the stylist to apply the best strength to the areas of the head that have uneven porosity or other chemicals present.

•Does not burn.

•Stylist can take their time applying the solution.

•The shine and manageability is unbelievable.

•Less time needed for styling.

•Less product needed.

•Hair will retain it's elasticity

Like the Japanese Straightening, The New and Improved Gina Curl does require more time than the previous Gina Curl. It takes anywhere between 3-4 hours, which includes processing, drying time under a dryer and neutralizing.

Your hair will retain its elasticity, giving you more time for stretching out your chemical services. You would more than likely only need to have the roots touched up a maximum of three to four times a year.

Your new hair will grow in with your original texture, but the difference between your new growth and your treated hair will blend in and the good news is there will be no breakage as it's growing out. It is safe to switch from the The New and Improved Gina Curl and the Straight Variation method to a Thermal Reconditioning. Clients with relaxer won’t be able to obtain a full curl. The New and Approved Gina Curl will only be applied to new growth but this process will soften and curl the natural roots.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply