Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Curly Nikki Gets Backlash For Feat. White Woman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Curly Nikki Gets Backlash For Feat. White Woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>

Author
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

So of course a website that gets paid per click and ad views is going to nudge the rest of the women of world of all ethnicities to go back to their natural, non-permed, non flat ironed hair. More revenue for the site to go mainstream.

back to? white woman have never had to turn to chemicals/straightening because their hair texture is reviled and seen as ugly/unacceptable/less than. they choose to straighten for their own reasons.They dont "go back". That term  is specific to black women IMO.

Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:48pm
this has been going on for a while on fb pages that are for black hair.  these white and white latin women will post pics but when you say anything black people come their defense talking about its about hair and not skin color.  i just thought it was some new black sh*t.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:51pm
For a lot of White women, straight hair is a process like it is for Black women but to a lesser extent

Whites have the kinkiest hair texture after ours. Curly hair is the majority of the non-Black world, not straight. They have to attain that look which is why we have stay clear of these folks getting rich off of the natural hair journey that Black women started Angry

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

So of course a website that gets paid per click and ad views is going to nudge the rest of the women of world of all ethnicities to go back to their natural, non-permed, non flat ironed hair. More revenue for the site to go mainstream.

back to? white woman have never had to turn to chemicals/straightening because their hair texture is reviled and seen as ugly/unacceptable/less than. they choose to straighten for their own reasons.They dont "go back". That term  is specific to black women IMO.

Edited by Alias_Avi - Jun 30 2014 at 1:51pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

WTF is wrong with us?!?!?!? This seriously pisses me OFF

WHy do we wish to be owned by other people so badly!?!?!? Ughhhhhh

Lamp
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:55pm

FYI - Yes, they most certainly have. I grew up and have lived around a lot of nappy-headed white women my entire life that would die if someone saw them without the Ogilve-type Perm. Polish, Jewish, Italian, Irish (the ones with the kinky red hair are reviled worldwide and called 'ginger' as a slur), etc.

The ideal worldwide is flat hair. A lot of white people fry the hell out of their hair with chemicals & heat tools.

*If you type, "Hair Perm" into google, all of the photos will be of white women with 'permanent wave' chemical treatments, but what is very widely known, but people rarely bother to discuss b/c it is common knowledge is that the same chemical is used in white salons world wide to straighten coily/frizzy/nappy hair for white people, male & female.

That is why the Blow Out is the standard in white salons, especially in affluent areas. Blow every kinky curl out of your hair with high heat and a huge round brush.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jun 30 2014 at 2:06pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:56pm

yeah I knew a white girl that used a relaxer....now I don't know if she felt shamed into doing it but she relaxed
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:01pm
Kinda OT but NJHairLuv, you know some of those NAs you think are gaw-jus use relaxers? I had no clue until a few years ago. Dem negro genes don't lie!LOL
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Kinda OT but NJHairLuv, you know some of those NAs you think are gaw-jus use relaxers? I had no clue until a few years ago. Dem negro genes don't lie!LOL

Half of my family is. Of course I know.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:10pm
Well this is news to me madam!LOLStern Smile
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

For a lot of White women, straight hair is a process like it is for Black women but to a lesser extent

Whites have the kinkiest hair texture after ours. Curly hair is the majority of the non-Black world, not straight. They have to attain that look which is why we have stay clear of these folks getting rich off of the natural hair journey that Black women started Angry

My point was, their hair is not a "problem". There isnt a whole system telling them they need to "fix it". Deciding to stop straightening their curls cannot be considered "going back" imo. Nobody is scoffing at curls as pictured in the OP.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic