Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Curly Nikki Gets Backlash For Feat. White Woman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly Nikki Gets Backlash For Feat. White Woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:33pm
So how much space does this leave us in the Cyber world. No just plain ole NO. Get your own damn website.
Sponsored Links

OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I don't want "white sisters"nor am I here for "their struggle"

I swear.....White folks like that one bish that just gotta be apart of the conversation......even when no one likes her......
This is a very accurate description. 
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I also don't give a fck

It's of no benefit (and probably to my detriment) to care about the self-esteem of white other women
I understand the controversy but stuff like this, that starts off with good intentions, tends to lead to widespread cooning

this. period. that fvck? 
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I don't want "white sisters"nor am I here for "their struggle"

nah mean?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:42pm
Did Curly Nikki really sell her blog to white people!?!??!?????

Ughhhhh! This is why Black folks can't have nice things!! STOP SELLING YOUR ISH TO WHITE PEOPLE! LEARN HOW TO OWN WHAT YOU MAKE! Errrrrrrggghhhhh
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

So how much space does this leave us in the Cyber world. No just plain ole NO. Get your own damn website.

they already have naturallycurly.com. Black women are on there too, but that site aint about us. stay ovah there.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:44pm
Chile gon'. These same 4z naturals follow the Curly Girl (written by a white woman) book like it's gospel, frequent Naturallycurly which is owned by two white women that gained PLENTY of coin off of they're coils, and isn't CN a part of (or in partnership) with NC now? 

But now they mad? 

BYE

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

didnt she sell the site to white women?

Yes. White women have owned that website for many years now and she is just the 'face' of Curly Nikki.  I think that the white women were online marketing execs. There was a big uproar, then people forgot or stopped talking about the new ownership.
The website blew up and got huge after she sold it.

What people have to remember is the afro movement in the 70s was hand in hand with the age of aquarius and the bohemian, hippie movement and non-black people grew 'fros' too (Think 'Welcome Back Kotter') and also the hipster movement with men with long hair & thick beards is heavily influenced by hippies-spinsters...

So of course a website that gets paid per click and ad views is going to nudge the rest of the women of world of all ethnicities to go back to their natural, non-permed, non flat ironed hair. More revenue for the site to go mainstream.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:44pm
WTF is wrong with us?!?!?!? This seriously pisses me OFF

WHy do we wish to be owned by other people so badly!?!?!? Ughhhhhh
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Did Curly Nikki really sell her blog to white people!?!??!?????

Ughhhhh! This is why Black folks can't have nice things!! STOP SELLING YOUR ISH TO WHITE PEOPLE! LEARN HOW TO OWN WHAT YOU MAKE! Errrrrrrggghhhhh

BET, Essence Magazine, Dark & Lovely, etc, etc. A lot of companies sell off to survive.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jun 30 2014 at 1:52pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>