BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly Like Me: The Tight Curly Method!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly Like Me: The Tight Curly Method!
    Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 10:54am
"Curly Like Me" by Teri LaFlesh
The Tight Curly Method of Hair Care 

I am having such an AMAZING time reading "Curly Like Me" by Teri LaFlesh. There are so many things in this book that I can totally relate with.  EVERY Black woman or biracial woman NEEDS THIS BOOK. It will change the way you view your hair forever!
I have learned so much by reading just this bit. Reading it makes me laugh, parts of it make me cry. But it is one of the most enjoyable and informative books I have read. Most importantly it actually applies to our hair and our experience. 
Teri wrote this book in response to her extreme struggles as a little girl trying to figure out how to do something with her hair which looked nothing like the White people she saw slinging their long hair on TV. She thought her hair was a curse because she could not get it to do anything  and she could not control it. She went for years through relaxers, jherri curls, weaves, dread locks, colors, trying  to do something with her unruly hair and trying to grow it. Teri talks about how she used to go to school with brittle,  broken hairs falling falling down on her clothes all day long. It seems her hair was doomed to break and doomed to be impossible to care for. By the time she was an adult, Teri had learned some valuable lessons about how to not only care for her beautiful hair that she used to hate, but she also learned to make it thrive! Her coily, curls are now below her buttocks and with shrinkage are still below waist length.

I can not more strongly recommend that ALL Black women and biracial women buy this book. It will change the way you view your hair forever. This book teaches a method of transforming your hair from brittle hair that litters the clothing with its breakage, to hair that is glorious and amazingly long, and healthy. I highly encourage everyone to buy this book and share the experience I am enjoying. I hope to myself embark upon this journey that Teri LaFlesh shares, of giving your hair the love it needs so it can grow to amazing new lengths. Whether your hair is coily or curly, you need to own this book.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 01 2014 at 11:46am
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 11:17am
I really enjoyed the book. Much more helpful than Lorraine Massey's book imo. It practical instead of technical, and she made it relatable by sharing many of the struggles we all went through. The thing to remember though is no one's hair is the same (Captain Obvious, lol). I gleaned so much helpful information from her book, however not everything in a single book is going to work for anyone. So I wouldn't use this book (or any book) as a manual but rather as a source of ideas.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 3:44pm

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 03 2014 at 4:09pm
noladiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noladiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 4:27pm
Such a great post!!! I'm gonna order the book today
AriesBabe09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AriesBabe09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 12:27pm
Whenever I see old video's regarding natural hair on YT, from like 2009-2010, I feel like I'm watching pioneers, especially because of the video quality. You can tell back then a hairvolution was beginning LOL

Thanks for the post will definitely look into getting this book, I knew there was a reason I didn't buy Lorraine Massey's book yet.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic