Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Curly Lace Wig Help?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
calibabzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calibabzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly Lace Wig Help?
    Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 6:37am
I've only purchased human hair full lace wigs that have straight hair. Anyone with experience in ordering curly lace wigs, can you help me with a few questions?

1) After showering and letting the lace wig air dry, do the curls return to the original curl or does it look frizzy?

2) Do curly lace wigs that are human hair hold the curl after brushing the hair? If not, would synthetic hair hold the curl better? I'm looking to have the same curl after I air drying the lace wig (instead of having to curl my hair to achieve how it looked when I purchased it).
Sponsored Links

kjoyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kjoyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 9:58am
Hi,

From my personal curly experience, the curls will come back after showeing and air drying.  I give it a little moisture and sometimes use my denman brush to make the curls plop and it comes out beautifully.  No frizz at all.  My curlies are usually Malaysian.

Don't have experience with synthetics so I can't answer that one.

HTH
webbgurl2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote webbgurl2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 3:19pm
Hi, I would not do a synthetic in curly if I could buy human. It is so much better. i usually wear curlies, and the curls always come back. Indian remy tends to be more frizzy, but curly hair reacts to its environment. I have curlies and wavies in different textures, and I enjoy them all.

Indian remy can be more work, but you need to buy what you can afford. I don't think indian remy is the devil although some may disagree. However, since you are new to curly hair, I suggest you try a virgin made to curly or chinese. These will be cheaper options. Someone in member to member may have a preowned curly or wavy you can try. Feel free to pm me if you have more curly questions. Good Day.Tongue
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by kjoyy kjoyy wrote:

Hi,

From my personal curly experience, the curls will come back after showeing and air drying.  I give it a little moisture and sometimes use my denman brush to make the curls plop and it comes out beautifully.  No frizz at all.  My curlies are usually Malaysian.

Don't have experience with synthetics so I can't answer that one.

HTH

this!
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 6:03pm
I agree with all of the above, although I wouldn't recommend brushing curly hair in its dry state, you'll end up with bushy hair. LOL  Wavy can look pretty nice brushed out, depends on if you like more of a bohemian look or structured.

As for synthetics, I have a kinky curly that's not too bad.  It's not worn often so it's still holding up.  I washed it recently, but I basically just swished it and dipped it, no curl manipulation.  I also recently purchased a looser curly/wavy synthie that I love, wanted to try out a new color combo without committing to human hair.  It's on my list to have duped in human hair. Smile I would not recommend brushing a synthetic curly under any circumstances - finger comb only.
alwayzhumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alwayzhumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 6:11pm
I was just getting ready to create a post about this. I wanted to know what texture holds kinky curly better?  I want one ..it has to be a custom and I don't want it jacked up...lol  trial in error can get expensive at times.   I'm seeking out vendors now and I'm a little nervous, as it will be my first one and I'm not sure what to order.  sigh.....lol
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by alwayzhumble alwayzhumble wrote:

I was just getting ready to create a post about this. I wanted to know what texture holds kinky curly better?  I want one ..it has to be a custom and I don't want it jacked up...lol  trial in error can get expensive at times.   I'm seeking out vendors now and I'm a little nervous, as it will be my first one and I'm not sure what to order.  sigh.....lol

I'd say Chinese or Malaysian.  Burmese can look pretty yummy too.
calibabzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calibabzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2011 at 9:21am
How does European hair hold up if it's curly? I usually order European human hair from Jacksun?
kjoyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjoyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2011 at 10:04am
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

I agree with all of the above, although I wouldn't recommend brushing curly hair in its dry state, you'll end up with bushy hair. LOL  Wavy can look pretty nice brushed out, depends on if you like more of a bohemian look or structured.

Thanks for clarifying that part!LOL  I would never brush my curlies while dry!   I don't even comb thru my curlies while dry - only sopping wet!!  Thanks!
NaturalPride13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalPride13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 2:58am
I have the same question. I want something similar to this

But with all these different vendors I dont know who's the best. Anyone?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic