Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Curls disappearing?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curls disappearing?
    Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 5:04pm
So almost 1 yr ago I finally started my HHJ. I got my BC in January and my hair has been growing fabulously ever since (hoping for full APL by Dec). I've gone through all the normal growing pains (ie; "what's my hair type?", "omg the shrinkage!",  "is my hair really moisturized?", etc.). My hair type is definitely a 4a/b with pretty defined coils all over for the most part but lately, I've been dealing with the curls at crown feeling like they're going straight. Well, not completely straight exactly but my coils up there aren't as defined anymore. It's like, I'll put on my leave-in (Garnier Sleek & Shine lately) during the day and my hair would be all coils but then I'll get to sleep (with a satin bonnet on) and the next morning, the curls at my crown would be really frizzy and feel like they've been stretched out. Not sure if this happening because my current length is at the 5"-7" range. It's probably nothing serious but it's a little disturbing because it's not like I use heat often and when I do, it's usually low heat/cool shots w/ a diffuser (during the winter).

Have anyone ever experienced this?
Sponsored Links

whynotrockIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whynotrockIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 11:39am
Do you put your hair up a lot? That can play a part. For some reason and I really think its because of the elements mine does the same. I usually try to every other day soak my hair, in a moisturizer with a cap. If you leave it it though I think its because of the elements (wind, sun, cold, etc).
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 12:00pm
I think mine is going to start doing thing
marissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 12:31pm
The same thing is happening to me! Shocked I have been growing my hair out since last summer, BC'ed it this summer, and it does the same thing. The back of my head is really curly and thick. The crown area is always looser and looks/feels stretched out like it has been blown out with a blow dryer. This has happened even before I dared to try to flat iron it for the first time a few weeks back. It hardly curls but frizzes up really easily. I don't understand since I obviously treat the crown the same as I do the back of my head. At first I thought it may be 'scab hair', but now...Unhappy. I'm going to the salon tomorrow for a proper trim, so Imma see what the stylist will say...
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 10:47pm
I was just thinking: I wet my hair pretty regularly since I have low porosity strands and w/o water, it's pretty hard for me to even try to moisturize. Sometimes I do it in the shower (especially now because the summer's coming) or I'll bring out my mist bottle. I DT every week, sometimes for a few hrs or even overnight. Truth be told, I've even gone for more than 24hrs a few times. Whenever I give my hair moisture, it will last on the inside for a few days but by the next day, it will feel dry on the outside (kinda like a crispy but not brittle feeling). So examining my regimen, I just realized something - is it possible that this could be damage from hygral fatigue? 
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 8:04am
I think the front going straight is a common dilemma, mine has done the same sort of thing. 
I think all of the manipulation to the front, such as being pulled back into buns/ponys, causes the strands to be tamed straight. 

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 5:41pm
That's the thing, at mostly 5-6 inches, my hair just long enough to pull back but I'd have to straighten it first and I don't do that. I gave up on banding and braiding a long time ago so I can't even wear my hair stretched. I always wear it in a curly fro and in it's natural state, it only shows up a 1.5" tall.

I'm starting to think I should blow it out now too because I'm beginning to notice ssk's and they're driving me nuts!
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Aerie Aerie wrote:

I think the front going straight is a common dilemma, mine has done the same sort of thing. 
I think all of the manipulation to the front, such as being pulled back into buns/ponys, causes the strands to be tamed straight. 

Makes sense!

My fine hair areas are where my hair pattern seems to disappear at the fastest when it is in its natural loose state.
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 9:35pm
BUMP.

I completely swear that my hair has a mind of it's own. I think I've been over analyzing my problem. I was under the weather this past weekend and I haven't been moisturizing or using my bonnet like I normally would. Lo and behold, it's Monday now and my curls are well intact if not a little dry.
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Kocoa Kocoa wrote:

BUMP.

I completely swear that my hair has a mind of it's own. I think I've been over analyzing my problem. I was under the weather this past weekend and I haven't been moisturizing or using my bonnet like I normally would. Lo and behold, it's Monday now and my curls are well intact if not a little dry.
Haha, sometimes our mind plays great tricks on us. Especially with hair. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply