Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Curl Genetics hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
cee_jay_77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cee_jay_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curl Genetics hair
    Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:08am
Hi Ladies,

Has anyone heard or ordered from them?

I'm trying to weave it up for my upcoming vacation, but I haven't seen any reviews out there for them.  The hair looks great and will match perfectly, but I'm a bit cautious and still trying to find the right vendor.

Let me know...thanks!

Edited by cee_jay_77 - Mar 02 2014 at 1:16pm
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 10:45am
good to know... maybe you can take the plunge and report back
cee_jay_77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cee_jay_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:05pm

So, I e-mailed this company and haven't received a response...it's been over a week.  There is no telephone number or other means to contact them either.

Before I regret it and lose my money, I'm going to pass on this vendor.

AyanaSimoneHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AyanaSimoneHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 9:12pm
Know that you dodged a bullet! I'm a stylist and recommended this hair after seeing it online. I've had two clients order it and sadly they both had a hard time with shipping and communication.

Let's start with the good... I really like this hair! It looks and feels authentic. The price is probably the best you will find in this natural hair extensions arena so that's great. They were having a sale, I believe it was about $70 a bundle. Both my clients got the for koily, middle grade hair. Felt and looked great, expect lots of shrinkage, so much so that we stretched out and measured it. It still didn't measure up when pulled taut, but my client said when measured when wet it did truly meet the measurements she paid for. She reported some tangling but only after a crappy product, don't know which, sorry. It's been about 2.5 months to 3 and she's still seems to be in love. However she did fill in with her extra hair ( more on that later) after her tangle war that ended in lots of shedding.

Now the bad, the customer service, the shipping, the communication, the weight! I will try to keep this as short as possible. My first client complained that her hair didn't arrive in the time they claimed which is something like 3-5 business days on the website. Curl Genetics would send her tracking numbers to packages that had not yet been brought to the post office. Yes the post office does this. So it kept looking like the package was sent when it hadn't even been boxed up! After lots of broken promises they offered her an extra bundle which ended up being a half bundle, which she received with the rest of her order, a month after initial order placement. :/

I was so hurt since I loved the hair and the price but hoping this was an irregular occurrence. I warned my second client to place order with time to spare and sadly to say similar results. She also received a tracking number to a package which hadn't shipped yet. It took her hair about 3 weeks to arrive. She had a hard time getting responses via email, or phone and when the hair arrives her 8 inch bundles wefts were sooooooo short! The weft stretched from my finger's grasp to my mid chest! Now if your familiar with weaves then you know an 8 ounce bundle or 1 pack of 8 inch hair will drape across both your shoulders and sweep the ground!

I begin sewing but was concerned about how short the wefts were. I hoped it was 4 oz, but in a compact weft. But when I finished the first bundle and hadn't even hit the half way point of her little head I was appalled! I pulled out my digital scale and the second bundle of the same size as the first weighed in at 50 grams! So they shorted her about 124 g!

Luckily the hair was still big to hide the 2 braid skip I had to do in the back, I ended up skipping at least 4 braids to make it fit :/ . I wanted to support this come up business but smh they're not doing business right. I even saw on an Instagram pic another young lady commented that she placed an order and never received her hair, curl genetics reply? Nothing.

I'm here to speak truth nothing more nothing less, I would never put my trust in this company again. To their credit they offered my first client a discount on her next order, but after waiting a month would you want to gamble again. My second client hasn't contacted them yet, this all happened today, and yes she did love hey hair despite the frustration.
divastar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:49am
Whew I dodged a bullet bc I was eying them too. Sorry your clients had to experience this. Thank you for being genuinely honest about the product?processes!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply