Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Cry for help - I HATE MY HAIR!! What do I do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tamela10289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tamela10289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 11:58pm
I once had pixie braids I think there the same as box braids but I'm unsure. Here we call them pixie braids, but it really helped my hair grow when I had them in. I kept my scalp moisturized and washed my hair when needed. I kept the braids in for about 2 1/2 months
Sponsored Links

*WeaveStar* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *WeaveStar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:16am
Please listen to the poster who said cut it off.  Your hair is damaged and weak and it will continue to depress you.

How are your edges?  If they are full enough you can get a natural textured lace wig and place it behind the hairline so you don't have to fret about application so much.  The curlier the hair the more leeway you have for imperfect aps.

I would not put any style that requires individual braids in your hair.  I would probably use 100% human hair very short and natural/chemical free and just put like 4 or 5 cornrows going back under wigs.... that you take down and redo every two weeks at a minimum to remove shed hair, clean, and deep condition.
If braids are your comfort zone then try a wig like
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/641655199/afro_braided_wig.jpg,

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1485340&image=607451066&images=607451373,607451322,607451066,607451017,607451126,607450882,607445395,607445267,607445345,607445203,607445024,607442547,607442374,607442431,607442080,607442135,607442488,607442311,607442256,607442031,607445591,607445527,607445662,607450948&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0 or

http://www.hairsite.com/classifieds/adpics/4dd1dfbf1d2632b7bf8d67572.jpg or buy a full lace high density wig and get it braided yourself but don't put that drag on your scalp anymore because your hair can't take it.  Stop worrying about the past.  You live and learn and whats done is done. 

If you can't get to the good stuff...There are a very small handful of BSS synthies that can work for you like Outre Tammy and Nix & Nox Sista or Natural come to mind. The Outre Tammy is a half wig about 20 bucks and can be placed behind the hairline with different colored head bands or just a black headband.  The Nix Nox Wigs are like 50-60 dollars and are front lace I believe but can be placed behind the hairline if you want.  For me these wigs are short because I prefer longer hair but the texture is not bad for a bss synthy...like you will fill comfortable if someone is standing right on top of you. Those last about 4 weeks tops and would need to be replaced every month.  Futura BSS Synthies are supposed to be the best but it just varies from company to company.  I steam new synthy wigs for a few minutes and it makes the hair look less out of the package and more natural and of course powder helps dull the shine if you have a shiny one.

There are also people on this board that donate or might send you a real Human Hair beater for the money amounts you've mentioned.

As far as privacy goes if you can't find a private bathroom on campus just to do your hair...like a teachers bathroom that locks or a handicapped bathroom in some obscure part of a building with little traffic, put an "out of order" sign on the door and get busy...then my only other suggestion is get you some mirrors with the suction and a great lamp and play beauty salon in a janitors closet or something.  Get glamified and then do your shower/face cleaning etc with everyone else in the dorm.

But for reals head over to the growth section like the other poster said and please cut off the damage crappy hair.  Looking at it depresses you and keeping is doing more harm then good.

Edited by *WeaveStar* - Jan 11 2013 at 1:34am
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:58pm

from my observation, box braids are good for growing out hair as long as the braids aren't too tight but I still think half wigs/wigs are the way to go.

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 6:08pm
Definitely add water or look for a water cream based moisturizer. Glycerin is tricky because it could make the hair feel nice and moisturized or make the hair feel dry because it is a humectant. Humectants tend to draw in moisture whether from the air or hair....for example, when using glycerin on the hair during humid times, the glycerin will draw in the moisture from the air and unto the hair which makes the hair slightly damp....the same thing vice versa when the air is dry and glycerin is used-the glycerin will draw out the moisture from the hair unto the air causing the hair to be dry. It is important to seal in the moisture with oil especially when glycerin is being used. Hth
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 6:36pm
darlinnic - Thanks. I'm definitely getting a wig. I appreciate you accepting the offer to be my forum friend :) 

*WeaveStar* my edges are pretty good surprisingly. I guess it's because I don't really put heat on them. Yes, I decided yesterday I'm shaving it off! Except for my hair line and nape ... well no, that'll just look weird LOL. Well I'm just getting it cut down REAL short. I would never get synthetic ... I am thinking of ordering a virgin full lace wig. Cause the way I see it, I'm going to be wearing the wig for up to Summer 2014 or even later than that. And I hate jumping from wig to wig or weave to weave, yanno? 

I'm willing to sell my wig and closure to someone. It's nicely made. They can take the closure off and stuff. 

Thankfully, I'm in a single dorm right now! THat's why I had those invisible braids because it wasn't a lot of maintainance ... or at least that's what I hoped lol. There's a full length mirror ... so I use that mirror and stuff. I also bought a small plastic tub to wash my extensions in. When I wash my hair, I figure I'll go into the shower with the wig on, take it off, and then put it on when I go back to my dorm. You're right. It'll defintely feel like a HUGE weight off my shoulders! i'm actually excited to get the hair off, I just want my wig first! lol LOL

Is it okay to message you with the glueless full lace wig I want and get your advice on it so I don't mess up on it againn? 

Cream1970 - Yeah, I'm just thinking of alternatives to do for the summer in case I'm working 2 part time jobs AND going to classes and if the wig requires quite some time to put it on for a perfect look lol. 

ms.blue - I never understood was sealing was exactly. What is it?
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 6:44pm
Sealing is just applying oil over the moisturizer or leave-in so you will apply the moisturizer or leave in on your hair then taking a little bit of oil and going over the hair where you applied the moisturizer or leave in.
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 12:39am
Hi peaceloves

Did you make a decision yet if your going to cut your hair?
Darlinnic
cherry198847 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry198847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:29am
WinkIf you hate your hairstyle,you can buy some lace wigs or hair extensions to update your hairstyle quickly. Maybe you can take a look at http://www.lacewigsbuy.com - http://www.lacewigsbuy.com/
BelizianMomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelizianMomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 3:36pm
OP I have exactly the same situation. I have braided my hair up (with weekly wash and moisturize). In the mean time I took the plunge and purchase an RPGShow wig (the kim kardashian) in yaki. It's a little thin, but I'm adding tracks to the back.. already lightened the ends. Try to buy one when it's on sale $30-$90 off.   If you don't like it they do accept returns, so there's no harm in trying one out. Get the glueless cap (has 3 combs) and you won't need to glue it or hairpin it down. But be super careful when using the combs, sometimes I just pull the strap in the back and it holds the wig without using the combs. Use the tips the ladies gave you to promote growth under your wig (I know I plan too). Best of luck to you, broken off hair in the front is a bi*ch to live with. I Know!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12