FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

crossover or sellout?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crossover or sellout?
    Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 11:45pm
this is from a 2012 issue of jet magazine but after listening to goodie mob's latest album, i thought i'd bring the subject up to bhm cuz i'm bored. 

what yall think? is there a difference between selling out and crossing over?

ceelo then:

And I suggest you don’t wit us
(ha ha ha) CRACKER you stuck wit us
And you know how long we been waiting for you

Devil, We know what you been contemplating to do
We have been here before, but surprise again
It is time for Brothaz to UPRISE again
But we’ve been down for so long that you wondering how
It ain’t a weapon that you got that can stop me now
Because we don’t die… won’t die…
And won’t never get no better if we don’t try
But don’t get scared, Brothaz get prepared, I gotta care
Cause them *&%^$#@EIN’ DEVILS’ devils never cared so come and find us
Get behind us
If you ain’t hear the message clear, then rewind us
Cause we comin’

It’s da comin’ of da killin’ tool click…
Come back to prove it
Atlanta’s got a killin’ tool
Killin’ tool click, watch the killin’ tool click

Jet Cover Cee-Lo

Edited by noneyons - Sep 11 2013 at 11:57pm
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 11:47pm
pics aren't showing but jet had him on the cover of their mag a year ago asking this same question. he went from spittin bout "crackas thank they slick" to singing bout his "very first white girl." things that make you go hmmm

Edited by noneyons - Sep 11 2013 at 11:49pm
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 11:57pm
He got some pink pucci and fell in Heart
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 12:15am
i'm not trying to tear this brotha down because i think he is one of the most talented artists in the game right now but it makes me scratch my head how he made such a 180. 

this could be a deep, interesting discussion (especially since the board is like the damn sahara) and i'd post more of his MANY controversial lyrics but i'm going to bed in a minute. feel free to 1 star away. 

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 12:17am
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

He got some pink pucci and fell in Heart

LOLthis the sh*t that really makes me go hmmm. 
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 12:22am
Ceelo sold the fuk out. I saw him on some morning show the other day and couldn't believe this was the same man who was in Goodie MOB years ago.  A part of me thinks that the higher ups in the music industry got him scared shook. He used to spit real shyt from the heart and I dont think its a coincidence that he's now wearing skirts/dresses and mainstream now.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 12:40am
odd. i was just having this conversation with a friend. it was regarding how we can know about and/or be down with something for years and all it takes is one white person (usually a woman) to come along and eff all that up-- most recently, miley cyrus and twerking. like really? where have white people been for what? at least 5 years? now it's, like, this totally new thing. ugh...

so in conclusion, i blame gwyneth paltrow for the down fall of cee lo green. quite a few black people were well aware of him. as i was telling my friend that cee lo has been known since the 90s in the goodie mob days. 

so yeah... sell out. part of me is like maybe the brotha paid his dues on the come up, but no cee. i thought you was better than that. 
journeytolong View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote journeytolong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 12:44am
I'm just going to say it...Illuminati.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 12:53am
girl, if ever there were a case for illuminati being real....

i remember when big gipp did an interview with creative loafing newspaper about how la reid tried to force him to sell out and make booty shaking music and he wasn't having it. i can't believe cee lo fell for the okiedoke. 

cee lo @ 3:12

Edited by noneyons - Sep 12 2013 at 12:53am
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 1:01am
He crossed over/sold out during/after the Gnarles Barkley stuff. He was embraced by white people after the world wide success of that Crazy song and never looked back.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic