Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Crochet braids vs. sew in/wig

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
daileah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daileah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crochet braids vs. sew in/wig
    Posted: May 01 2014 at 1:50pm
Hi ladies

I've recently watched variety of videos on crochet braids which seem to be the new trend now. Most of the videos the ladies leave hair out to have a more realistic look. I remember when i was younger and use to get crochet braids and tree braids the purpose was to braid up your entire head.

So my question is, now with this new styling of crochet braids (having leave out) what is the difference between that and just a regular sew/u-part wig/wig? Is there any benefits for your hair when doing the crochet braids instead of the others mentioned? I'm a wig wearer bc i like to be able to wash my hair whenever i want, but this new style is tempting me lol

Also last question.....i noticed most ladies are using marley hair which is beautiful, but i would much rather use a different brand of hair i love which only come wefted. Is it possible for me to cut the wefts off the track hair and use it as bulk hair?

Thanks ladies :-)
Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 12:57am
Use bulk hair, hair that is on a weft might shed a lot when you cut it. I haven't seen this new method of crochet braids. The difference would be different tools and hair being used because with the leave out im guessing would you use the same braid pattern.
achampongadjoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achampongadjoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 10:49pm
I prefer crotchet braids as its easier for yoyr hair to breath and the upkeep is super easy!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply