Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Crochet braids versus Tree Braids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
nlshelto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlshelto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crochet braids versus Tree Braids
    Posted: May 31 2011 at 9:11pm
Which one do you girls prefer? I would like a style where I can pull into a ponytail and you can't see the braids that much. I think that it could be achieved with either style but I am not sure though. I want to be able to get to my scalp and keep that clean as well. I am leaning towards the Batik Deep wave hair. What do you prefer Crochet Braids or Tree Braids and why?
Sponsored Links

Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 10:41pm
Both. im wearing tree braids with loose deep.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 10:43pm
Wait r u talkn about crochet with water wave hair or the braided kind?
nlshelto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlshelto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2011 at 9:29am

I was thinking of either getting crochet braids with the batik deep wave or tree braids with batik deep wave. Have you had crochet braids and tree braids before? Which one do you like better? I had thought of getting freetress water wave but I had seen photos where it can get real frizzy and Diana Ross like and I rather not have really BIG hair but I wanted the wavy look so I had thought getting the batik deep wave may be a better choice. I also had seem pictures where the hair is not really puffy with the freetress water wave but it will be just my luck that I end up looking like Diana Ross with that hair. What do you think?

nlshelto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlshelto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2011 at 9:29am
With the tree braids are you able to wear your hair in a ponytail without the braids being exposed?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2011 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by nlshelto nlshelto wrote:

I was thinking of either getting crochet braids with the batik deep wave or tree braids with batik deep wave. Have you had crochet braids and tree braids before? Which one do you like better? I had thought of getting freetress water wave but I had seen photos where it can get real frizzy and Diana Ross like and I rather not have really BIG hair but I wanted the wavy look so I had thought getting the batik deep wave may be a better choice. I also had seem pictures where the hair is not really puffy with the freetress water wave but it will be just my luck that I end up looking like Diana Ross with that hair. What do you think?

Yes I had both. I always use freetress water wave. Batik loose wave for tree braids. with the tree braids, only the braids in front will show, and the only way you can see what i'm talking about google tree braids images.
With the freetress water wave, it all depends on how much hair you put.  It can be puffy if you add a lot of hair.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2011 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by nlshelto nlshelto wrote:

With the tree braids are you able to wear your hair in a ponytail without the braids being exposed?
yes.

afroqueenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afroqueenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2011 at 10:05pm
I prefer tree braids
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2011 at 12:44am

you can get exactly the same look with either method IMO! when you do your braid base it depends on the size of the braids... with treebraids you can get the rows extremly tiny

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2011 at 12:46am
the only way you are not going to see the braids when you pull your hair up is if you leave out hair around the premiter like (leave out when you do a weave)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>