Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crochet Braids! Tips Appreciated! (PICS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
girl SIX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girl SIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2011 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by momolicious21 momolicious21 wrote:

Originally posted by girl SIX girl SIX wrote:

ok so there are several way to do invisible , crochet, latch hook barids ,what ever you want to call them. same outcome. i was tought back in the 90's to braid the in the hair into the braid leaving strands out and adding them along the way,my favroite way . you have to be a good braider to do crochet with out the hook.  some think its faster just depend on how fast you braid.

you can also braid the hair in a circle and add the hair for a full bang look the cut it  around  the face  but you have to start in the middle  and work you way around and down the head so you dont have one long azz braid hanging off the top of the head.

i am a braid queen ... turning into a lace front addict.

I think I am good braider.....well sorta! I can braid other people hair but I haven't done it on mine.......I usually do twists (with or without extensions)! & I haven't seen anyone do crochet braids without the hook......that sounds like MAGIC! Embarrassed This is gonna be my 1st time putting in crochet braids soooo I will be braiding them & then putting the hair in! I will watch some more videos! I just wanted to know after I braid up my hair how do I crochet the other hair in? Do I put it under the braid of under half the braid? I'm not sure? I think its the 1st.....with them put closely together?

yes you can put the hair under the whole braid or go through half the braid and  pull it through the  loop and tie the knot. how many you put in will depend on how thick you want it  and wether its curly stright .ect. some pull one at a time and some but two.

braiding in the hair i noticed no one does it any more but the best thing about braiding the hair in is that you dont have to tie knots. it kninda hard to expalin how to do it .

you take three stands of the hair like you were going to start the braid to the head, grab 3pieces of the hair you want to put in, put it in the fingers your braiding with ( so youll be holding the three strand off the head and the three strands of hair all together but you want to make sure there is a strand of braid hair in every finger with the hair from the head...so you will have 2 strands of braid hair between 2 of you finger and 1 in the other.) start to braid the hair as you would start a normal braid it you where adding hair to it to make a french braid. but as soon as you make the first twist take out a strand of the braid hair braid again , take out a strand . now add two more stands to the braid, and take out one more strand from the first three.. so now you have three newstsnd and 1 least  front three. do the same thing with these 3 make the first rotation and remove a strand . you can go from removing 1 to 2 and and going back and forth.  make sure you apy attention to the thickness. its easy to get going and get carries away. if you need to skip taking out a braid to thin it out you can/ but a nice even 1 then 2, 1 the 2 in pulling out og the braid will give you a nice fullness. if you have gab in the french braid you can alway hook some in , but if you have it to thck you azzd out, with taking indivisual braids down to thin out the hair and rebraid.

i hope that makes sence. lol HTH
Sponsored Links

momolicious21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momolicious21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2011 at 7:56pm

I FINALLY received my hair yesterday evening! I have been waiting!
Also I brought 6 packs of hair in total! Its 2 different types of hair! And its for 2 different hair styles! I don't want y'all thinking I was CRAZY Pinch & gonna mix the hair for a style! LOL Anyways......I think I will be putting them in next weekend! 
Smile

Edited by momolicious21 - Sep 28 2011 at 7:59pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momolicious21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2011 at 8:04pm
Thank you EVERYONE.......I am LOVING you ladies right now!!! Clap
Thank you for the help & the tips! I won't be braiding the hair in within my hair? I will just braid my hair & crochet it in! & I want a full lil curly afro........so I will see how much I end up doing! I will post pictures of everything!
Also I am wondering if this hair is okay to wash Shocked........its synthetic! I hope its okay because I normally wash my hair once a week! & I just started using my MEGA-TEK again & MT makes you wanna wash even more often! Confused

Edited by momolicious21 - Sep 28 2011 at 8:06pm
Dany18 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dany18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2011 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

Hi Momolicious,

I got my tree braids done last week with freetress water wave...the hair is pretty and I love the natural look of the curls but I can''t take the fuzzies and the tangles.  What I have been doing so far is using garnier anti frizz serum in the hair and detanglling and twisting at night.   I spray my scalp with my kimmaytube leave in conditioner and the remnants I rub into the synthetic hair.

You don't want to apply too much product to the hair as unlike human hair it does not absorb the products and you can't wash it as often.

I have tree braids (cornrow the hair and leave out pieces as you go along with individuals around the perimeter).  I am not sure whether the hair would tangle as much with the crochet braids as with crochet you are using the latch and knotting the hair to stay intact so possibly the hair does not unravel and separate as much as with interlocking it.

I do love the fact that I can access my scalp and it is very light but the next time I plan on doing it with human hair.

DO NOT DO IT

HTH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momolicious21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2011 at 8:57pm
The hair I use for kinky twists is synthetic & I wash it? So that's why I am wondering if it's okay to wash maybe every 2 weeks? I guess I will just have to wait 2 weeks & carefully take out the hair, wash my own hair, re-braid it & put the hair back in!? Confused
Gia2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2011 at 8:02pm

Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

I currently have crochet braids and so does my daughter. We have the Freetress GoGo curls. MY hair is braided going back, my niece-n-law did mine and I did my daughters. I braided my daughters differently. I braided a braid from both front edges of her head going around the back of her head and then the rest I braided going back. I did that so she could wear the hair in a pony tail and no braided ends could be seen if that makes sense. 

I think I can imagine what that braiding pattern would look like! When you put the hair in.......do you stick the hair under the braid & tie it on top? Do you get my question?

I do the loop method I guess that is what you call it. and then I take a small section of one piece of hair and tie it in a knot. TO ADD: I always go under the entire braid.

Edited by Gia2009 - Sep 29 2011 at 8:11pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momolicious21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2011 at 8:28pm

I currently have crochet braids and so does my daughter. We have the Freetress GoGo curls. MY hair is braided going back, my niece-n-law did mine and I did my daughters. I braided my daughters differently. I braided a braid from both front edges of her head going around the back of her head and then the rest I braided going back. I did that so she could wear the hair in a pony tail and no braided ends could be seen if that makes sense. 

I think I can imagine what that braiding pattern would look like! When you put the hair in.......do you stick the hair under the braid & tie it on top? Do you get my question?

I do the loop method I guess that is what you call it. and then I take a small section of one piece of hair and tie it in a knot. TO ADD: I always go under the entire braid.

Thank You! I think I will be doing it that way as well! Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momolicious21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2011 at 8:30pm
Oh! Another question......after braiding my hair.....what do I do with the end of the braids? My hair goes down past my neck.......so how do I put that up?
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2011 at 8:34pm
if you are doing crochet braids you may want to braid your hair in a circle or tack the ends...if you are doing tree braids it doesnt' matter as your braided hair will be covered by the interlocked hair....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momolicious21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2011 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

if you are doing crochet braids you may want to braid your hair in a circle or tack the ends...if you are doing tree braids it doesnt' matter as your braided hair will be covered by the interlocked hair....

I'm doing crochet braids! & I wanted to braid my hair back? How would you tack the ends?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>