Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crochet Braids and Hair(Synthetic vs Human)

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
simplymoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplymoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crochet Braids and Hair(Synthetic vs Human)
    Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 12:16pm
I am very interested in trying out the Crochet braid style, However I see, that alot of people are using fretress/synthetic. 

I know I might be being bourgeois about the hair, but I would really rather use some human hair.  My dilemma with this is you only get one install with croceht correct?  And I aint payin $150 or higher for one install.

Can anyone give me hair suggestions that will give me natuaral looking hair, that will last me awhile and won't become a tangled & frizzy mess that cannot be remedied by a good co wash? 
 I am looking for hair that can be wet and the curls will pop back repeatedly.  (FYI: Currently using Halley's curl for sew-ins)

Thanks in advance!!Tongue
Sponsored Links

MsMarcia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMarcia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 1:49pm
If your talking about for crochet braids then their is none, I was the same way. I wanted human hair but it is huge waste of money. The knots don't hold as well with human hair as it does with synthetic since its so soft and only last half the time. Plus the hair will tangle just like the synthetic, and its not recommended doing crochet braids with straight hair. 

I did mines with freetress with no problem. I washed my hair and everything. But instead of every week I did two weeks. I just used a spray bottled in the parts rubbed on the part then stood under water, then  to dry I Wrapped in towel to dry and no problem. When dry I added mouse to the hair. Looked good as new.

There is noway to savage the hair from crochet braids. At least I haven't found a way yet. When i had mines done people thought it was my real hair. HTH
simplymoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplymoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 2:12pm
This does help, Thanks!  Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who felt this way.  I'm just going to have to try freetress, since its most popular.

Thanks!Big smile
Esha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2010 at 12:20am
Trust me, using synthetic on crochet really doesnt look synthetic at all if you're using the water wave pattern. Just get a spray bottle with half water half castor oil and spray it on the hair before you apply it and it'll give you a soft grip that feels like human hair. I used Model Model's water wave basically the same as Freetress's tight curl. Love it. 
hookupdahead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookupdahead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 12:12am
How do you like using model model synthetic brand. I don't like how it's processed because there is still residue from the hair being processed.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 10:08am
Ive done my crochet using kanekalon with a straw set. LOVE it.

I wouldnt use human hair on crochet braids. You cant re-use the hair after takedown anyway, so its a waste.
intl_babygirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 10:31am
i would suggest either .... freetress futura , or outre batik ... to maintain these use a silicone based serum or a light braid spray ....  and always tie your hair up at night to prevent the frizzies ... when you wash synthetic you will have to replenish the silicone coating to keep the tangles away a good wig spray should help along with gentle brushing with a wig brush  

if you want the styling flexibility get the futura fibre hair so you can curl it and flat iron it... pro-10 is good and any braiding hair that says futura / heat safe  harlem 125 has a great futura braid called biotex

hope that helps with your choice.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply