Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Crochet braid weave or tree braid weave? HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
growlonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crochet braid weave or tree braid weave? HELP!
    Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:05pm
Hi guys!

I want to have something braided in as a protective style that looks like my own hair but I do not want a traditional weave so I have narrowed it down to either Crochet braids or Tree braids & I cant decide on which is better.

It has to look natural & has to be tied into a ponytail.

Which of the two

1) takes less time to complete?
2) Is more natural looking
3) Can be tied into a ponytail?
4) Every where I look on You Tube folk have these styles in a super curly look I wonder if bodywave/straight hair is okay.

Thanks and any other info is appreciated. PS: Health of my own hair comes first!

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:18pm

bump!

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 3:28am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl7spvyIwGo

I like this lady... but you can leave out some hair around the premiter for ponys or you can leave it covered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl7spvyIwGo

I like this lady... but you can leave out some hair around the premiter for ponys or you can leave it covered

Thanks a lot. I checked her out she has nice hair only I dont get her braid pattern.

Unfortunately I can not leave my own hair out as I am natural but will be getting Brazilian bodywave!LOL

Bump ladies!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 8:15pm

you dont have to do a braid pattern as involved as hers- is your hair going to be curly? or silky? If you try either of these styles with silky human hair its going to be an ordeal.... just because it slips out easy works better with textured type of hair

Good luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

you dont have to do a braid pattern as involved as hers- is your hair going to be curly? or silky? If you try either of these styles with silky human hair its going to be an ordeal.... just because it slips out easy works better with textured type of hair

Good luck

okay thanks I guess this explains why everyone I saw with this hairstyle has 3C/3B hair attached! I guess its textured enough!

I wanted to do either a light Chinese  yaki from or a body wave brazilian from  , I doubt thats textured enough. How many ounces do y'll use?

butterfly_2957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly_2957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 10:59am
I have tree braids were they do small micro dots in the back and therefore I'm able to wear a high ponytail... check out Stands of Beauty http://www.strandsofbeauty.com/
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXL0ZSNVGNE
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 3:42pm
ther are essentially the same thing in terms of how the style is structured.....crochets would be less time consuming, and i fell more flexible one your cornrows are very small, and you leave out your own hair around the perimeter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:54pm
Thanks ladies for all your responses! BUMP!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 9:56pm
Ive used 8oz For a full head chrochet weave try a blend... I honestly prefer a sew in in the back/middle and treebraids/chrochet weave in the front it gives you the look you want with the security... I have done it with stright hair but I had a custom blended batch like yaki with indian so its not so slippery... with so much hair on the market you can get the look you want with non-human hair....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply