Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedcreme lighteners - what to use?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
hennared View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: creme lighteners - what to use?
    Posted: Aug 07 2010 at 11:35am
I've been doing some experiments on (so called) virgin hair to lift it to about a level 6.  High Lift color does nada.  Kaleidascope lightening powders (like to lighten knots) seem very damaging.  BUT that Wella Creme lightener - WOW!  Awesome stuff, lightens yet leaves the hair smooth as silk.  Unfortunately, it's now just about impossible to find; seems it's been discontinued (wah!)  Can anyone recommend a lightening product to go from virgin darkest brown to a level 6 or so, w/o damage?  (or if anyone wants to sell me/point me towards where I can get more of the Wella stuff, I am all ears!)

Sponsored Links

Butta'scotch View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2010 at 1:00am
Have you tried the Loreal Super Blue? It comes with the cream oil lightener. I use that to bleach knots and sometimes put highlights. As far as the damage goes, I can't necessarily speak on that.  I would first do a patch test somewhere inconspicous on the unit or try it on a beater and see how it holds up. HTH.
Sixftnluvit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2010 at 5:49pm
I prefer the cream lightners myself, my choice is CHI lightner the toner built in, I get great results. 
Do some reseach on this one (google), if you like what's said this can be purchased from ebay. The have, golden blonde, beige blonde (ash), red and red/orange options. 

By the way, have you ever tried a coloring bleach bath, at least that what the lady describing it called it, where you take a processing cap, mix a deep conditioner, powder bleach and developer in the bag let it sit for the appropriate time for processing, finish off as usual.   I tried and like this too, it helped on a remy that I wanted to lift the tips of the hair.. so I could limit the damage of an already processed unit.  Good luck!

Edited by Sixftnluvit - Aug 11 2010 at 5:54pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic