Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Creator of For Brown Girls Commits Suicide at Age
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Creator of For Brown Girls Commits Suicide at Age

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Forgive my ignorance in advance...

There was a thread a while back where we discussed depression. I remember a few posters stating that it was permanent and that it always comes back...

When depression is onset by a traumatic event such as the loss of a loved one, can it be temporary? If so, how does one differentiate depression from bouts of sadness?

Maybe in can for some.  For me, the intensity just eased.  The first two years were utter hell.  As a suicide survivor I can say suicide is a tricky death because people don't know what to say or do.  You think obviously they wanted to die.  You blame yourself.  You wonder terrible things like if God will forgive them.  The worst part for me is the constant fear of losing someone else I love.  My mother has heart failure and has some really bad days where I feel that weight on my chest pressing the air out.  I have a wild little brother who gets caught up sometimes but I love him so much and can't bear the thought of losing him.  

So to answer the question, I think the depression can ease but the sadness doesn't or at least hasn't for me.  It's been 10 years since my sister shot herself in the head.  I still get very, very sad.

I'm really sorry to hear about your sister.

Thank you so much for clarifying this...
Sponsored Links

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 5:43pm
This is why the term "Strong Black Women" needs to be eliminated. It minimizes our pain & other emotional trials and dehumanizes us. 

Because at the end of the day, we're all just human. A lot of us may put on a poker face and pretend we're ok, but the reality is.....we all need a shoulder to cry on or some kind of outlet for what we feel and experience. 

I know, because I'm one of those people who's looked at as "Strong", when the truth is some days it's a struggle just to get up in the morning and can't wait til the day ends.

Edited by Az~Maverick - Apr 14 2014 at 5:54pm
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Forgive my ignorance in advance...

There was a thread a while back where we discussed depression. I remember a few posters stating that it was permanent and that it always comes back...

When depression is onset by a traumatic event such as the loss of a loved one, can it be temporary? If so, how does one differentiate depression from bouts of sadness?

I beleive the experience is different for different people

I had a bout of depression 2 summers ago. I was not suicidal, however I was in a constant state of sadness and despair. I felt like I was in a hole I'd never get out of. I went to therapy and recovered completely, no medication needed. I had depression in conjunction with anxiety. I still have issues related to anxiety every once in a blue blue moon but Im not on medication for that either.

Severity plays an important role as well
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 6:15pm
Wow!  That is extremely sad.  So young....
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 6:17pm
Damn. I had heard of the darkskinredlip project but never really looked into it. A damn shame. She seemed to be an inspiration. Rip
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 6:20pm
IA Az. I hate that term. It's meaning has been totally twisted over the years.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 6:34pm
how did she do it? 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 7:15pm
Yas

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

This is why the term "Strong Black Women" needs to be eliminated. It minimizes our pain & other emotional trials and dehumanizes us. 

Because at the end of the day, we're all just human. A lot of us may put on a poker face and pretend we're ok, but the reality is.....we all need a shoulder to cry on or some kind of outlet for what we feel and experience. 

I know, because I'm one of those people who's looked at as "Strong", when the truth is some days it's a struggle just to get up in the morning and can't wait til the day ends.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 7:54pm
R.i.p
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 8:22pm
So sad. Some people have a way of putting on such and air of confidence that others can't tell when they are suffering Unhappy. I hope those whose lives she touched can rest in the fact she did a lot of good while she was here.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic