Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Creamy Crack Sales Are Down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creamy Crack Sales Are Down
    Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:21pm

relaxer

A new report by the research company Mintel finds that relaxers are declining in popularity as the natural hair industry grows;

…Natural may be the new normal in Black haircare, as relaxers account for just 21% of Black haircare sales and the sector has declined 26% since 2008 and 15% since 2011 when sales reached $179 million—the only category not to see growth.

Mintel’s research estimates the relaxer segment will reach $152 million this year, down from $206 million in 2008. Furthermore, in the past 12 months, nearly three-fourths (70%) of Black women say they currently wear or have worn their hair natural (no relaxer or perm), more than half (53%) have worn braids, and four out of 10 (41%) have worn locks.

“The natural hair trend is driving an increase in sales of styling products such as styling moisturizers, setting lotions, curl creams, pomades, etc., but the increase has caused the relaxer segment to decline in sales,” says Tonya Roberts, multicultural analyst at Mintel. “A look at expenditures from 2008-2013 shows steady growth in the Black haircare category for all categories except relaxers/perms.”

The report doesn’t touch on whether the increasing popularity of weaves has to do with relaxers’ decline. Still, it highlights an encouraging trend towards acceptance of textured hair.

I think its a good thing, but we are still spending a lot of money on other products now that we are natural...

Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (20) Thanks(20)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:22pm
good because im considering relaxing
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:24pm
ErmmLOL
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:25pm
Stern Smile That's a good thing and all but them low prices still won't get me to give in and quit transitioning to buy another perm.
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:29pm
LOL I think it's funny
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:29pm
Sureeeeeeeeee
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:33pm
oh
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:34pm
This is good news. I went natural before I saw good hair but after learning how caustic getting a relaxer was, I said never again. Besides, I used to think I had "bad hair" because even with a perm, it never truly got my kinks out. I have pretty fine strands, but all my stylists would use the resistant formula and let it sit in my scalp for over a half hr. I mean, with widespread practices like that it was little wonder that so many women like myself thought we had weak hair and that it had to be wrapped and weaved up all the time otherwise when the "air hit it", it would just break off. My awareness started off with my hair but it did make me realize how many companies (even the black ones) are out there peddling poisons to us so we could "look beautiful" (like we aren't to begin with) and the less ethical hairdressers could care less with the further destruction of our hair because they profit from the nonsense too. As long as our hair stays weak and dmg'd, we'd always have to run back to them.

The whole thing still pisses me off....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:34pm
I wonder why the most expensive out of the 3 (and the best I've ever used) is so damn low compared to D&LLOL
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2013 at 5:38pm
trends in trends out.....nothing changes but the changes.......
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>