Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Cream for LOC method?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
shortnsweet08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortnsweet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2012 at 7:47pm
The one things I'm wondering about the LOC method is...what am I gonna do with all the products I love, like my Knot Today, that aren't really part of any of the three stepsUnhappy? I like light to moderately heavy lotions, but I don't know if there will be a place for them. It seems like with the LOC method I'm only gonna have to moisturize and seal twice a week and theres not gonna be a need for anything else inbetween....
Sponsored Links

HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 3:50pm
I am still searching for the perfect cream for the "C" step!
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:22pm
What is the diffrence between a an OIL and a CREAM in terms os sealing?
Infact what is a cream? is it water and oil mixed together?  Why not just water then oil/butter?
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:41pm
The cream is sort of to make the hair more manageable and keep the oil from coming off/being oily from what I can tell.

If you are only gonna LOC twice a week then maybe use your knot today on days you cowash and don't LOC? I know it doesn't really make sense to cowash without LOCing but hey lol. Or use it as your liquid to detangle. Then oil and cream. But my experience with knot today is that it doesn't mix well with other products. It gave me build up and crust when I did.

My favorite creams to use are giovanni leave in conditioner or shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie. I use water based creams during the spring and summer and for fall and winter for extra protection i use oil based creams, that being whipped shea butter.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

What is the diffrence between a an OIL and a CREAM in terms os sealing? it adds as an extra sealant.
Infact what is a cream?cream is just anything that is oil based but thicker than oil. is it water and oil mixed together? are you being seriousErmm Why not just water then oil/butter? nothings stopping you from doing that but water evaporates faster than products that are made to moisturize  when i wear my hair in braids or twists i mainly use water or aloe and seal with oil.

momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:46pm
even though i have fine hair i find that just water and oil isn't enough for me... i always say water based creams are okay, too, since i know some ppl's hair is almost too fine for oil to begin with so the water based cream helps and it seems to work the same way for ppl with super fine thin hair. but that's why i alternate between the two.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123