Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Cream for LOC method?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
shortnsweet08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortnsweet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cream for LOC method?
    Posted: Oct 07 2012 at 8:55pm
I wanna try out the LOC method and have found some creamy conditioners that I thought may work, but I was looking on Black Onyx's (the creator of the LOC methods) site, and it said that the cream shouldn't contain water, and all the creams I've come across (and most hair products in general) contain water. So..

Can anyone recommend a cream that doesnt contain water?

OR

Should I go ahead and try a cream containing water? I've really been considering 

Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 12:37am
Its Chicoro method Black Onxy just marketed the acronym well she use to tell people it was Chicoro method guess not anymore. Some use shea mixes or any butter use whatever you can't go wrong try what u have on hand and see which product u like best. I use a cream leave-in works great on my hair i feel cream with no water would be to heavy.
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 3:52am
It's better to use a butter or something that doesn't have water as the first ingredient. Using a water based product really doesn't tend to lock in moisture - the moisture will still evaporate, but it will take a little longer + you'd have to use more of the conditioner (which I find counterproductive).

I definitely subscribe to the LOC method since I have low porosity hair but I have a slightly different take on it. During the winters, I usually go water - argan oil - shea butter since it's cold. Once the spring rolls around, I actually use water - silicone serum - light gel and it's just as effective. I'm quite lazy on my hair, so I'm majorly a wash 'n' go girl.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 4:36am
just use items you already own. you can use an oil moisturizer, shea butter, castor oil or just mix oil with what ever mosturizer you are using.  the idea is that its oil based.
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 8:13am
I've been doing the LCO method for a year and didn't even know itLOL OP use whatever you have available I use herbal tea tree gro conditioner for the summer in the winter I use FNWL shealoe butter.  I've been very lazy lately I washed my hair last night and didn't bother to twist it up so this morning I noticed I'm low on my herbal tea tree so I plan on mixing a little of it with some condish and water and applying to my hair but now Im thinking about trying the oil first them moisturizer.....IMO you should use what you have I think any product is fine as long as it doesn't contain alcohol.
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 8:17am
Momeijheii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Momeijheii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 9:11am
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

Its Chicoro method Black Onxy just marketed the acronym well she use to tell people it was Chicoro method guess not anymore. Some use shea mixes or any butter use whatever you can't go wrong try what u have on hand and see which product u like best. I use a cream leave-in works great on my hair i feel cream with no water would be to heavy.

CryCry
Thank you so much for this. I could never word this right without sounding like a douche. 
shortnsweet08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortnsweet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 10:14am
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

That's right!!! In the back of my mind I've been thinking, someone else described this method, I've read it somewhere else before. And now I remember, it's in Chicoro's book, which I have and read a couple years back. I'll be sure to pass this on. Thank you. 

And thank you ladies, for your responses. A shea mixture sounds perfect. I used to do shea mixes with shea butter and vatika (coconut oil). Shea mixes need oil in order to mix, right? When using the LOC method, does it matter whether my O is the same oil I use in my cream? I'm thinking maybe they should be diff to keep them more separate, and thus keep the layers separate? 
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 2:46pm
So BlackOnyx jacked someone else's stuff and made it hers? LOL

wowsers
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 8:44pm
Shortnsweet yes use a different oil for the oil step use a light oil.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic