Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

CRAZY Growth Overload Challenge!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 1:26pm
yeah, I've heard about girls applying growth aids on their brows, too. I've never really tried it to, my brows are think enough. 

nindroid, have you used the vatika deep conditioner before? how do you use it?

---------------

UPDATE!
today's wash day! right now my hair is oiled with vatika and my scalp with cayenne pepper. I'll be leaving in this prepoo for about an hour (usually I do 30 minutes, but I'm free all day today). I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to deep condition my hair yet, I'm currently doing a porosity strand test to see. today is going to be a total hair day!

Edited by yahya - Feb 08 2013 at 1:36pm
Sponsored Links

yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 1:53pm
CHALLENGE UPDATE!
hey everyone! It's been more than 5 weeks since the start of this challenge! wooooo! almost to the halfway point. I know some of us had our stumbles, like me, but let's try our hardest from this point on! to help with motivation and as award, I thought I'd share with you guys some on my inspiration videos. enjoy!
(the last one is more like an artistic piece rather than a motivational video)

Patience Commercial

You Can Shine

Whip My Hair

I Love My Hair

Hairy Tale

Edited by yahya - Feb 08 2013 at 6:42pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 5:50pm
that pantene commercial was brilliantCryClap
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 7:33am
@yahya I've never actually used it but i see it around a lot. It's labelled as a hot oil treatment so I imagine you'd use it like one. I hear it's really good.
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:34pm
@tatee, glad you liked it. I love that commercial, too! I cry almost every time I watch it! ;_; 
maybe once the challenge is over I'll share these videos with everyone else, as a topic by itself.
@nindroid, tell me your results once you use it! 

I have news! I have news!! I just measured my hair and I've gained an inch! in 6 weeks! my usual growth rate is 1/2 an inch every 5 weeks. wooo! so now my longest hairs reach 26 inches, so I'm hip length now. yay! I know you guys are gonna want pics, I can probably post them tomorrow or wed. : >

oh, and wash day was good. since getting protein overload, I did my first real protein treatment. I heavy prepooed with vatika, shampooed with nexxus promend, did aphogee 2 min for 15 minutes, and deep conditioned with homemade mix (mostly cholesterol). coming home for the weekend, I forgot my kimmaytube leave-in at campus! so I ended up rinsing my deep conditioner out very un-thoroughly and my hair dried pretty well and moisturized. I did have to touch up some dry spots with my hairveda whipped ends. I sealed with grapeseed oil, sprayed new growth with chi protectant, and flat-ironed with a corioliss flat iron. comparing it with the fhi flat iron, my hair so far feels straighter but dryer and not as soft when compared to the fhi. 

Edited by yahya - Feb 10 2013 at 10:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 4:33am
Okay, so I just mixed a heaped teaspoon of cayenne pepper with 50 ml or castor + coconut oil. I warmed it up and wrapped it in foil to sit in a dark corner of my room. I'll reheat it everyday and put it back. It'll be ready in 2 weeks. Hopefully I can boost up my growth for the last month. I'm debating on whether I should mix it with my sulfur oil or mix it with my ORS carrot oil. Haven't touched it in ages. What do you think?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 4:41am
Originally posted by yahya yahya wrote:

@tatee, glad you liked it. I love that commercial, too! I cry almost every time I watch it! ;_; 
maybe once the challenge is over I'll share these videos with everyone else, as a topic by itself.
@nindroid, tell me your results once you use it! 

I have news! I have news!! I just measured my hair and I've gained an inch! in 6 weeks! my usual growth rate is 1/2 an inch every 5 weeks. wooo! so now my longest hairs reach 26 inches, so I'm hip length now. yay! I know you guys are gonna want pics, I can probably post them tomorrow or wed. : >

oh, and wash day was good. since getting protein overload, I did my first real protein treatment. I heavy prepooed with vatika, shampooed with nexxus promend, did aphogee 2 min for 15 minutes, and deep conditioned with homemade mix (mostly cholesterol). coming home for the weekend, I forgot my kimmaytube leave-in at campus! so I ended up rinsing my deep conditioner out very un-thoroughly and my hair dried pretty well and moisturized. I did have to touch up some dry spots with my hairveda whipped ends. I sealed with grapeseed oil, sprayed new growth with chi protectant, and flat-ironed with a corioliss flat iron. comparing it with the fhi flat iron, my hair so far feels straighter but dryer and not as soft when compared to the fhi. 

Wow! a whole inch? that's really good for such a short ammount of time. I wonder how everyone else is doing? I have different ammounts of growth in different places. I think at most I have just under 3/4 of an inch in a few places because I slowed down with the sulfur massages :(. And yes yes, we need to see those pics :) How's the japanese straightened hair holding up against the relaxed?
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:04am
This is the longest I've stretched...16 weeks post....and I'm taking this as a chance to see my natural texture since I'm curious about going natural.

It looks nothing like the beautiful hair of all the natural BHMs and Youtubers. Cry
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

This is the longest I've stretched...16 weeks post....and I'm taking this as a chance to see my natural texture since I'm curious about going natural.

It looks nothing like the beautiful hair of all the natural BHMs and Youtubers. Cry

Haha, that's what I used to think until my 'fro started to grow then my head blew up, figuratively, of course. Wink

Edited by thelurkingKind - Feb 13 2013 at 12:02am
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 5:15pm
think im gonna sit under my humidifier this weekend to get that extra deep moisture into my hair while in these twists extentions.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
  Share Topic