Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CRAZY Growth Overload Challenge!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:49pm
Haha I had to show him the pics like I posted in here and then he was like Geek "Ohhhhh I see". Lol...unfortunately for him my hair is going back into flat braids to go under a wig. He was so giddy today to put his hands through my hair because it's so soft right now. 
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 2:30am
I posted this in the Vitamin Challenge thread, but I had to share here too!

Update:

Wow, either HF is working better for me now or the addition of Liquid Gold scalp massages is really paying off!

Last week when I took my Marley Twists out, I was so upset that I had lost about 2in and was back at grazing APL. Randomly tonight I was combing my hair before bed (my hair is still straight from the length check last week - I haven't gotten around to braiding it down yet) and I noticed that my ends were reaching closer to my arm pits than they were last week.

Even though I'm pulling on my hair in the pic, I haven't had any reverting since I've straightened my hair. I've been wearing it up in high pony's so, by default my hair won't lay to its longest length. But if I really managed to regain some of the length I lost that quickly, I'll be at my short term goal of BSL in no time and MBL well before my wedding. ^_^

Sorry the pics are so big!

yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 10:52pm

UPDATE!
here comes another long update post!

so I washed my hair this weekend, sunday, and I'm very happy with how my hair turned out! I used the nexxus promend shampoo, and though I'm waiting a while to make a full review about the promend overnight treatment, I can say that this shampoo is awesome! although it has sulfate in the ingredients, the hair feels like it been thoroughly but gently cleansed, not stripped at all. a lot of reviews mention that the shampoo made their hair shiny, I also saw this affect, too. the only thing is that many reviews said that since the shampoo is gentle, people would get build up easily. so I'd recommend a good clarifying shampoo for those who have this. 

during my research I also learned that most natural shampoos without sulfate and cleansing ingredients do not remove cones. this includes acv, baking soda, and my hairveda amala deep cleanse. I still have castile soap though, which seems to be the exception, so I'll be using that as my main clarifyer for now on. maybe I'll mix some with the rest of my hairveda shampoo, to not waste it.

so everything I did this wash day: prepoo/ hot oil with vatika oil, shampoo with nexxus promend, roux ph corrector, rinsed thoroughly, moisture deep conditioned with homemade concoction, rinsed out un thoroughly, half air dried, applied (kimmaytube) leave-in, combed, air dried fully, apply heat protectant (mixture of chi iron guard and grape seed oil) on new growth, then flat-ironed my new growth. I'm mad at myself for forgetting to use my cayenne pepper. : / but this was my first time flat-ironing just my new growth, and boy did it make a difference!! my hair is so much easier to detangle, and the little breakage I had is completely gone. so happy. I also didn't straighten my roots dead straight.

I can't compare because I've never had a FHI platform, runway, or esp styling iron, but this FHI go styling iron worked very well. it straighten my hair in a soft straight way rather than a pin straight way, if that makes sense. and it was soo cheap! I think they're limited edition or something, and they seem to be going out of stock everywhere. after I was done my hair felt soft, had a subtle shine, was easy to detangle, and looked greaaat.  

my hair isn't perfectly straight since it rained the other day, but I'll probably measure my hair and post a picture this weekend. I don't have a measuring take where I am now. I'm still trying to get back on track with my growth aids. now that I've finished my essays, I should have more free time. 

but just because I've been slacking doesn't mean you guys can! don't follow my bad example! 

Edited by yahya - Jan 29 2013 at 11:02pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 5:27pm
i was doing well with everything this month except for the dusting.  this passed month i trimmed my hair 3 times.  the last time was an accident because i forgot that i had did it the week before.  i lost my mind for a second but im recovered.
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 1:12am

Checking in, I'm still in these threads and they are looking funky as hell. Lol 5 more weeks to go before I remove them so they'll be hidden under a scarf.  Here is a quick video of how I'm doing the saran wrap method for length retention. 

I only saran wrapped the very ends just in case my hair suffers any adverse reaction. <----taking no chances. 
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 10:14pm
@modelbusiness, wow, that's some progress in such a short time! see? that's what I meant when I said that when you get your hair cut too short or lose length, you're more motivated to increase your growth! keep up the good work
@tatee, bad girl! was it dusting or search and destroying? search and destroying three times a month is a little more understandable. but at least your being consistent, that better than me currently. 
@thelurkingkind, I love how your hair looks at the end, no one would expect a thing. my dry ends have been cured, but I wonder if I should try something like that, it's be more of a day thing than a week thing though. 

now that I'm back in school, I don't have as much free time. so I'm changing my growth practices a little:

growth practices? 
  • use sulfur/jbco mix twice a week
  • mini scalp massage after applying growth aids
  • use cayenne pepper oil 30 minutes before washing
  • wash/co-wash every once a week
  • bun whenever at home and baggy for at least an hour
  • ghe two times overnight
  • dust hair once a month 
  • daily multivitamin, garlic, fish oil, and zinc supplements

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:35am
Thanks Yaya!

So I'm about to PS again because I just bought a wig from a lovely lady in the M2M section. It's just too cold up here in NYC to trust rocking my hair out on the daily which I've sort of been doing for the past two weeks. My goal is to keep my hair in a PS until March/April when it's not as cold (hoping global warming doesn't keep it cold for too long!) My reggie has changed a bit as I think I'm really seeing good growth from the HF & LG combos and I want to retain as much as I can!!

But this is what I plan to do:

**At some point in February, I need to do a henna rinse - plus it helps me track my growth in addition to my growth chart tee**

Wash hair 2x this month
HF + garlic pills daily (garlic pill to reduce shedding)
LG oil on my edges daily
LG oil on the rest of my hair every other day - on these days I'd GHE to increase moisture
Daily moisture spritz with my aloe/water/MSM/essential oils mix

Now that I've managed to magically return to APL, I'm really hoping to be grazing BSL by the time April rolls around and it'll be warm enough for me to wear my hair out! Thumbs Up

*fingers crossed!!!*
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 1:36pm
How in the hell did I miss Miss. Model's update, umm that is some damn good progress in so little time. I wish my body wasn't a punk *ss and could tolerate supplements :-( Lol Your hair also looks thicker. 

@Yaya, thanks, I removed the saran wrap today and the ends were soft yet strong! This saran wrap method is going to be a keeper. I plan on somehow washing in these things and then back in goes the saran wrap until the first of March. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:08pm
Thanks! @Lurking :)

So, I'm officially PS'ed up until March/April (see avi).

I washed my hair this weekend with my Terressentials mint mud wash...I love that stuff as it gives my scalp a nice tingly sensation. I missed my curly q's so it was nice to see them come back since I had been wearing my hair straight since I took my Marley Twists out.

I also GHE'd Sunday night and will do so again tonight.

I'm still keeping up with my vitamins and water intake. :) Fingers crossed for something amazing come the end of March.

Probably in the next 2 weeks I'll do a Henna rinse. I have some fennelgreek (sp) that I bought last year that i really want to use, but it has this whole set up phase to it that you have to let it do before you can apply it. So, I keep getting lazy and not doing it. @_@
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 12:28am
Wow! That's amazing growth for a week Shocked I have much less than that though it's still more than my usual growth Sleepy Hey guys I'm planning on buying evening primrose oil tablets for my painful cramps, but I hear it also has benefits for the hair. What exactly are these benefits?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style