BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

CRAZY Growth Overload Challenge!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 12:43am
 Naynay, you're hair is so thick and gorgeous!
Kunoichi, Good to hear you are doing fine, a full body rash sounds horrific :-( 

I'm using a braid spray with sulfur as the 3rd ingredient so hopefully I too will get some good results. 
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 7:32pm
So, I finally took my marley twists out and I'm a bit pissed. :(

I seem to have lost 1.5 - 2" of hair, as I was originally full APL prior to putting them in and now I'm at "grazing APL" *sad face*

Today:

June/July '12 Length check:

The only thing I can think is that I must have had about 1.5 - 2" of old relaxed ends from when I attempted to texlax back in the beginning of 2011. And either while putting them in or taking them out, the Marley twists must have broken off what was left of the relaxed ends.

So, on the bright side, I'm fully natural now. On the not so bright side, I'm behind in my hair goals of being MBL by the end of the year and it'll probably take til 2014 to get there. Thankfully, I'm on HF and LG hair oil regimen so hopefully that will speed up my growth rate so it doesn't take me til March to get back to where I was in November of last year.

*le sigh*
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 8:47pm
@thelurkingkind- thank you hun
@modelb82- sorry about the 2 inches. i feel ur pain although mine was to a trim. BUT CONGRATS ON BEING ALL NATURAL THATS A JOURNEY IN ITSELF.

ok so i have officially decided to wear kinky twists year round back to back installs. no more than a 1-2 wk break in between. i always retain the most lenght when wearing my hair in that style 3 months at a time.
i can still moisturize daily use my growth aid and even ghe more often. gotta keep all 6 inches this year hopefully more.

got back from vaca to find my scalp massager broken but still functional. i hope it holds up.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 9:04pm
Thanks!

Yeah the only positive is that my hair is definitely thicker now, no scraggly ends lol and it's super soft and fluffy when straightened.

I was trying to tell my SO about my set back but he didn't understand and was like "but your hair looks so cute!".

Immediately I was like, "I need to tell the chicas at BHM...they'll understand my pain!"
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:51pm
Lol @modelbusiness, men! Sucks about the hair loss but think of it this way, you were going to cut off the relaxed ends anyway and now you know marley braids is a no go. 

KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 3:01pm
@modelbus82 Yea, loosing length sucks! I unintentionally cut off about 4 inches of okay hair when I thought its V pattern was a bad thing. At least you're all natural now!

@naynay Good plan! I have a similar one for this year. I'm working on back to back box braids to make BSL. I'm also hoping I can get a feel of my natural texture and decide whether I want to transition soon. That's if I don't get too much breakage from lengthy stretching :P
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 3:49pm
@ KN: good luck on ur possible transition.
@ model: men never get, or well almost never get it.

i have just done tape measurements and i have grown an inch since dec. thats exciting cause i didnt think i retained any thing over my vaca but i was trying to be causious of how i wore my hair and how much times i applied heat and i guess it worked yay me. i am about 4-5 inches from mbl and i hope to get there by june. well im about to give myself a well needed DC. my hair is thirsty.

PS: i dont know what is going on but everytime i wake up my scarf is off my head. and im a person that never loses her scarf like not at all but for the last 4 nights its been happening. its crazy. im gonna have to pull out my satin pillow case if this keeps up.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 4:13pm
Yeah the marley braids were so fun...but I'm going to have to stick to my wigs lol. I think it might have been because the synthetic hair was so rough - even though they looked soft and were comfy to wear.

Normally when I wear wigs, my hair is hidden under a stocking cap and I still moisturize my hair frequently.
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:11pm
UPDATE!
going back to college had preoccupied my time for the last half a week, I've gotten thrown off schedule. I'll hopefully be back on it by tomorrow. but good news, I feel like I've gotten about an inch of growth since the last time I measured. 

so things that have happened... the last time I really updated I tried washing and deep conditioning my ends exclusively to combat dryness. this helped, but only lasted half a week. next I researched and bought nexxus promend overnight leave-in treatment because there were many reviews that said it worked and smoothed their hair. plus it was on sale! it worked, my ends felt much better, but now that a week has pasted the dryness is slowly coming back. but it might be because I was slacking with my daily moisturizing for a couple days. I'm also spotting split ends, when the gluing effects are suppose to last 3 months. maybe I'm not using it often enough, nexxus tends to aim for people that wash their hair everyday. I'm going to wait before I make a full review on this. I also bought the nexxus promend shampoo, because I find it rare to find a shampoo with good reviews. I loved it! even though it's not natural, I forgot how awesome it feels to have a shampoo that lathers!

since my new growth is coming in, it's been getting harder to detangle. so next time I wash my hair I'm going to flat-iron just my new growth. I bought a FHI go styling iron online. I've heard about FHI being good, but this was like $30! is this normal? I saw a lot of them around this price range, did I buy the right one? I thought they were $100 or something. 
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:27pm
@naynay, the ends of your hair look so nice and full! I've always wanted to go to jamacia since my dad is from there. and yeah, I heard it's easier to apply growth aids when you're in braids and twists.
@nindroid, I'm so sorry to here that! I hope you feel better! I've never had something like that happen to me. 
@modelbussiness, aaw, that sucks, losing 2 inches. but at least it'll give you more motivation for this challenge! when I unwillingly got my hair cut a couple inches is when I felt the most motivated and used growth aids. and yeah, boys just never get it. he knows you're trying to grow out your hair, right? you have to translate it into boy language so they understand. compare it to something he can relate to.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
  Share Topic