Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

CRAZY Growth Overload Challenge!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:59am
I've been so MIA with BHM for like 3 weeks lol but I'm back now!

I've decided to take my marley twists out next week so officially next week will be my 100% start of this challenge. I also just ordered a 6mo supply of Hairfinity which will hopefully come in next week. So, next week I'll give my hair a good wash with my terressentials and go back to my flw which will allow me to GHE with my liquid gold hair growth oil every other day while taking my Hairfinity pills. I'll update my reggie to reflect the new additions.

And I'll also be able to take (finally!) a before pic to start my journey. :)
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:03am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

I'm in - I'll come back to post a current hair length photo!

Modelbusiness82
starting length? Full APL
goal length? Somewhere b/w BSL & MBL for this particular challenge. I'm hoping to hit BSL before the end of this year though.
other goals? Long term goal is MBL
normal growth rate? .75 - 1" per month
hair status? natural texture & henna'd
album?
journal?
regimen?
  • PS during cold weather months
    • Currently in marley twists. About to take these out in like 4 or 5 days!
  • If I actually wear my hair out, I GHE every other day
  • Only use all natural products on my hair - nothing with impossible to pronounce ingredients allowed!
    • make my own flax seed gel
    • make my own shea/mango butter daily moisturizing mix
  • Wash my hair up to 2x a month w/terressentials mud wash. Any more than that and it dries my scalp out.
  • Use topical growth oil 2 - 3x a week.
    • currently using gro-aut oil but may switched to liquid gold
  • Spritz my hair daily with my aloe/water/msm/essential oils moisturizing mix.
  • Henna rinse 1x a month or every 2 months depending on how busy I am
  • Take 2 MSM tablets (1000mg), 2 biotin tablets (5000mg) & 1 garlic pill daily + Hairfinity.
  • Drink 64oz of water daily (or at least get as close to that as possible!!!)
  • Put as little heat on my hair as possible unless I'm doing a very infrequent length check.
  • Spend as little time thinking about my hair as possible.
growth practices? 
  • gro-aut oil liquid gold hair growth oil at least 2x a week
  • PS'ing with FLW until March/April
  • if I'm wearing my hair out, I GHE on the days I use my growth oil
  • daily vitamins - Hairfinity
  • daily water intake (64oz ea. day)
  • daily moisturizing spritz on my hair whether I'm PSing or wearing it out
  • Re-joined gym...going back to my minimum of 3x a week gym time
  • don't obsess over my hair - keep it super low maintenance

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Jan 11 2013 at 1:05am
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 6:58pm
@thelurkingkind, wow! so cool!
@modelbussiness82, hey! no slacking missy! I want to see alot of update/ progress posts! x D

Participants (continued)...
  1. yahya.( pg 1&2 )
  2. modelbusiness82 ( pg 1&7 )
  3. naynay455 ( pg 4 )
  4. princess09 ( pg 1 )
  5. kunoichinindroid ( pg 2&5 )
  6. texasmami0117 ( pg 4 )
  7. thelurkingKind (pg 5)
  8. tatee ( pg 5 ) 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:37am
Haha I know! Normally I'm so good at taking my vitamins and water intake - even when I travel, but my Chicago trip threw me for a loop lol. Looking forward to next week to start fresh! ^_^
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 7:16pm
Are people falling off the challeng? Or are we all too busy keeping up with the challenge to post? LOL

I fell off a little bit when I got sick but I got right back to it. Can't wait till payday to get my lace wig so I can stop wearing this bun.
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 9:17pm
Thanks Yahya.

So I tried washing in the thread and ummm it's a no go. Lol. The end of the threads came apart and I had to redo several of them. For now, no washing until I come up with a way as to not wet the ends. 
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 9:50pm
@texasmami0776, I hope it's the second and not the first, that they're too busy taking care of their hair and increasing their growth!
@thelurkingkind, you can try cleaning your scalp exclusively, like with a spritz bottle, using natural cleansing ingrediants. I'm currently experimenting with this idea. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 8:24pm
So my 6mo supply of Hairfinity came in today! Just took my first dose! ^_^

Now if I can just find the time to take my Marley twists out I can really focus on the topical angle as well! :)
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

starting pic: to be posted 12/27/12

starting length? BSL
goal length? WSL
other goals? healthy end (no spits or knots)
normal growth rate? 1/2"-3/4" per month
hair status? 4a/b natural no color
album? fotki, see siggy
regimen?
Regimen:
co-wash bi-weekly with or giovanni's condish.or dC mixture.
virgin coconut oil to seal
DC 2x a month...with organics replenishing condish mix with jbco and avocado oils or Ors mayo with wheat germ oil....
daily moisturizer: giovanni's condish & water mixture
twist outs with my pure shea butter mix with olive oil
molasses treatment as desired
shampoo: giovanni's shampoo
avocado hair mask: as needed...
15-30 min scalp massages at least 5 days a wk.

lots of water

growth practices? protective styles 90% of the time, sulfur oil mix to scalp at least 3x a week

Hey ladies thanx for allowing/waiting on me to get back from vacation. jamaica was lovely. i almost didnt want to come back. wait correction I DIDN'T WANT TO COME BACK. not to mention that it snowed where i am now. i flew in last night. i did take a pic of my hair while straight when i was away here it is. ( now im just gonna go hard to try and get the 2 inches back.)
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 5:18am
Hey guys. I fell off the challenge for about a week. I woke up with an allergic full body rash last Sunday and after I went to the doctor on Wednesday when it got worse, I was put on a bland diet of basically porridge, potatoes and soft fruits with only antihistamine and hypoallergenic soap externally. It was hard taking my larger HSN vitamins and drinking lots of water because my mouth and throat hurt inside but I started taking them again yesterday since it's mostly cleared up. Also, so far I'm seeing good growth with the sulfur. I feel like I'll definitely have more than 1/2 an inch by the end of the month if I continue with my routine!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
  Share Topic