Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedCRAZY Growth Overload Challenge!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yahya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2013 at 1:50pm
I reaally want to trim my ends a little! it's grown out very uneven, but I'll endure one more week! x /

and I'm glad to here about that about the cayenne pepper. sometimes I do feel a sensation in some spots, but then not others.
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 11:40am
Ok so I finally had free time to wash my hair yesterday AND do a henna/amla rinse on it. :)

I had a bit of a growth spurt from earlier this month when I did a length check. In my length check pic (5th from the end) it looks like the same length as the early March length check, but I think whats happening is all of my hair is now this length in the back since when I took my marley twists down in January, I had some unevenness from the ~2" I lost of texlaxed ends.

One thing is for sure I definitely have increased thickness. And my hair feels extra fluffy! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigapplestyle/sets/72157630289514514/
yahya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2013 at 11:51am
aaaw, using a hello kitty case as a face blocker is so cute!

the end of the challenge is coming soon, I hope everyone is ready!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2013 at 1:57pm
Lol yeah...I'm obsessed with Hello Kitty :)

I can't wait to do a trim next month to even out my ends!

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Mar 29 2013 at 1:58pm
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 3:02pm
Why can't I post!
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 3:07pm
Ugh, finally! Been trying to post here for days!! So how'd the challenge go for everyone? I'm really happy with the results I got :) I actually slacked off a lot in the last month so my hair growth slowed down. Can't wait to do this again! I can definitely see myself getting to BSL by December is I use the sulfur and cayenne pepper mixture and keep up with the GHEing.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 4:19pm
i enjoyed this challenge but i probably over-reached.LOL

no pics right now because im in twist. when the spirit moves me to straighten this bean i'll post up.

growth practices:
  • sulfur oil mix- yeah i dont like doing this.  it made my scalp sore and i dont know why i keep trying.  i made another mix with l-cysteine, rosewater, aloe and oil.  ive only been using it for a couple of weeks but it doesnt make my scalp sore soThumbs Up
  • protective style buns, twists and braids- still loving my funky twist and buns
  • dust once a month - over did it in january and february and gave up in march
  • baggy as needed or every other night-killed it. still baggy as needed
  • massage your scalp 3x a week- yeah if thats what you want to call it.  i still do it a few times a week for like a minute and then it bores me. lets face im too lazy to do this properly.
  • take a growth supplement regularly (biotin, msm and hs&n vitamins)- faithfully i also added l-cysteine.  apparently im not a slacker when it comes to taken pills.
  • baggy ends while in buns-i did this consistently for the first 2 or 3 months but i was having issues with tangles and ssk so i switched to satin ribbon and ive been having better results with this method.

yahya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 5:30pm
sorry I haven't been on! I took pictures of my hair, but now I can't find the wire to connect my camera to my laptop! =_= if I still can't find it, I'll just have to retake pictures on my phone and upload them. 

so it's been about 13 weeks since the first time I measured my hair. 12 weeks of this challenge though, since the first time I measured my hair was a week before january. usually my hair grows 1/2 an inch every 5 weeks, and since my last length update (26 inches in 6 weeks) I thought I wouldn't see much more growth because I almost completely stopped with my growth regimen due to college work piling up. I just measured my hair, and it's stretching to almost 28 inches. o_o

wait? what? how?! the only thing I've been taking regularly was zinc (I also did protective styles and the cayenne oil, but only every time I washed, which was every 1-2 weeks). then I realized it's has to be the zinc! I also was taking it a while back when I was participating in a ghe method challenge. back then during the challenge I was just taking zinc for a cold, and didn't know it helped growth. I was on the ghe challenge just to try out something easy and new, but I didn't think it would actually grow my hair much. I gained an inch and a half in 7 weeks! I at first thought it was the ghe method, but after thinking about it I looked up zinc. I read it helped with growth, but saw that not many girls used it. so I decided that the growth was due to the zinc, ghe, and week or two of growth aids I did during the ghe challenge. but for the past month, zinc has been the only thing I've still been doing. so... I'm going to test it more, but I'm pretty sure zinc is what's really been mainly contributing to my growth during this challenge. 

typing this, I just realized I really did get 3 inches in 3 months. o___o
I'm amazed, yet shocked, because I barely kept up with my regimen. the bad news is that my hair grew out very stringy, so I'm going to trim about an inch off soon.

Edited by yahya - Apr 03 2013 at 5:39pm
naynay455 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 7:35pm
ok so even with all of the slacking off that i did i still got 1.5 inches of growth since jan 22nd. in my crown area i went from 12.5 inches to 14 inches i was on vaca the first couple weeks of the challenge. my crown area is officially back to pre trimming length from nov 29th 12'

the only thing i stayed consistent with was my scalp massages for 15-30mins at a time. and thats because i own a head massager that i put on like a hat and turn on while i surf the web :) lazyness i know im not in denial. lately (meaning this month) i have been stepping up on my sulfur oil game and vitamins.

i need to step up on my moisture routine cause i am darn near absent in that respect of things. but its so easy for me to forget to moisturize in these kinky twists.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 1:36am
Hmmm so a recap. I think I got about 3 inches total of growth. I started out in January at around the 3 to 4 line on my shirt (and I used the same shirt in every length check pic for consistency) and am now kissing the 7 line. I don't have specific inch measurements of the front and back, but I started out at grazing APL and am now nearly BSL. Smile

Since mid January I've stuck religiously to my reggie:

• GHE every other day (or at least 2x a week depending on if it seemed like my hair was moist enough) using Liquid Gold with sulfur
  • Hairfinity + Garlic Pill daily

Considering that I managed to snag and retain an inch a month, I will continue to do this so I can reach my long term goal. Right now I'm still PS'ed in a flw because it's still chilly here in NYC. It's FINALLY starting to get into the 50s. But I'll probably wait til the weather is consistently upper 50s low 60s before I start seriously rocking twist outs.

Originally my long term goal was MBL, I've decided to reach for the stars with WL so that when I wear my hair in its natural state, it'll be BSL. I get  A LOT of shrinkage, so even when I do twist outs, my length is about 75% of its true length.  

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Apr 04 2013 at 1:39am
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
  Share Topic