Co-workers who dont speak?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Co-workers who dont speak?
    Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:49am
I always speak to folks in the office, however at times I will fall back to see if my kindness is unilaterally reciprocated.
My current job, a co-worker and I are the only ones in the office, however she comes in and goes straight to her office (right next to mine) and doesn't say a word to me. I know some folks aren't as outgoing as I, but damn at what point does poor manners come into play?
Do you often engage your co-workers, or is it the other way around?
Sponsored Links

Senior Detective View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:51am
I will say hello if I am face to face with u, but I'm not walking to u or ur office just to say it.  If we are passing each other, fine if not meh.   I dont care if ppl dont speak, I prefer it that way.... unless its a customer service position
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:53am
my cashiers, bank tellers, CSR, must greet me, say hello, thank you, good bye, have a nice day etc... or there may be a compaint later.  

coworkers, idgaf what they do
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

my cashiers, bank tellers, CSR, must greet me, say hello, thank you, good bye, have a nice day etc... or there may be a compaint later.  

Do generally like being left alone? You wouldn't speak if you were the only other person in a small 500 sq ft office area?
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

Do generally like being left alone? You wouldn't speak if you were the only other person in a small 500 sq ft office area?
yes I like being left alone.  My office is the 1st one by the door & I am the 1st one in, so as the others trickle in, they HAVE to pass my office,  they all just yell a GM from the hall & I say it back.  Nobody comes into my office to greet me & make eye contact.  They go about their business.  

Now if they bypassed me & said nothing, I wont be bothered by it
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:28am
are theses 2 ladies the same previous ladies in ur avi?  Are they relatives or nah?
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:30am

are theses 2 ladies the same previous ladies in ur avi?  Are they relatives or nah?

no & nah
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:30am
I'm not a fan of forced conversation. I will say hi and bye, or only speak when I'm being addressed. 
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:32am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I'm not a fan of forced conversation. I will say hi and bye, or only speak when I'm being addressed. 

A conversation is different, I'm talking about a simple hello, or GM. I was raised to always speak when entering a room, thought it was proper manners, I guess I could be wrong.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:36am
if it's only the two of us and I pass your office everyday...i'm the type to say hi.  Well...eventually.  I am reserved/somewhat shy when I am at work until I am comfortable with people.   That might be all it is.  Other than that..maybe she's just not the type to make small talk or feels uncomfortable doing it.    Perhaps even a forced "Hi" is too much...or could be she's just rude.  Ain't nuffin' u can do about it.  Does she know u?  Make a point to introduce yourself.  If she ain't got nuffin' to say then...well at least you know what it is.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jan 07 2014 at 11:38am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>