Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Co-Wash or Washing!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Co-Wash or Washing!
    Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:44am
Which one is better? And how do you co-wash your hair I need some advice, im natural!
Sponsored Links

hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:06pm

Co-washing means washing hair with conditioner only. To me its better because it doesn't cause the hair to become dry and unmanageable like shampoos do.

Edited by hairfanatic501 - Dec 04 2012 at 12:09pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:00am
Thank you very much...yea alot of people been saying co-washing is better. Can I use any kind of conditoner?
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:28pm
I think I'm going to permanently switch to co-washing. If my scalp needs clarifying, I'll just use an ACV mix. It cleans my scalp better than shampoos anyways. 

The conditioners I've used to co-wash, and liked were: 
Live Clean Argan Oil Conditioner
TREsemme Smoothing conditoner, but it has silicones in it I believe. I think their Naturals line doesn't. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:59am
O okay then cool, I think ima do the same, is it also good if I co-wash my daughters hair also?
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 6:51pm
i alternate. when my hair starts feeling dry, usually after my second or third cowash, i use shampoo and that sets my moisture levels back at square one. i say experiment and go with what your hair tells you. if you use silicones, as i do, then after a few cowashes, your hair will start feeling dry from all the product deposits from the condish. you would need to clarify your hair to uncake the producty layer, which you can use either a clarifying shampoo, an ACV rinse (baking soda as well perhaps? Idk) or, as i do, a normal sulfate-y shampoos. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 4:24am
O okay then I see what your saying n thank u for the advice.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 8:29pm
For those dealing with dry hair issues, tangling and ssk I recommend co washing. Also to those just starting their natural hair journey. Co washing and washing is still cleansing your hair/scalp. Conditioners have some cleaning properties in them. Anytime you use water and any type of cleaning product that is still considered washing your hair. What you clean your hair with depends on what your hair issues are at the time. But cleaning your hair is extremely important. Co washing for sure makes dry hair feel better and eliminates most tangles. If your hair is healthy then you should be able to use a non sulfate shampoo or conditioning cleanser.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 5:31am
Yea I had started to go natural n my hair seems to be very dry same for my daughter.
lilmamabenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmamabenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 9:10am
I too have triedthis and a pretty happy. I only need to 'shampoo' my hair every other was and it has been working for me. Trying to get back to bra strap length.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>