Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
hawaah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covering up thin edges when doing a weave
    Posted: Aug 03 2004 at 8:22pm

Hello,

I would like to get my hair done in a weave, but my edges are very thin.  Is there a way to hide it.  I looked into the lace front wigs but I cannot afford it.  I usually get the weft in my hair, because I am a wash and go type of person, I never style or anything like that.  My hair has alot of natural curl but the edges are really thinning.  I do not braid them either because that just pulls it out more. Any suggestions? Any advice will be apperciated.

Sponsored Links

Treyci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2004 at 11:06pm

Is your hair more thinner on the sides?  If your hair is just thin on the sides you can get a sew in to cover the thinning areas or your can get fusion.  When you sew in the wefts you can add more tracks on top and those should cover the thin areas.  My hair is thin on the sides and for me the fusion looks more natural and covers the thin areas better because you don't have the bulkiness of the tracks sewn in.

hawaah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2004 at 9:51am

But is the fusion going to damage my hair.  I had fusion professionally done in my hair at Gerard Dure's salon in Harlem.  And it looked very natural but after a while it just came came out. It shed alot.  I think it may have damaged my hair. And also could I just get the front fusioned and the rest sewed in.

Treyci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2004 at 10:57am

Hawaah, Do you know what type of fusion he used?  The keratin should not break your hair off, that is what I use in my hair now instead of the glue or wax that is sometimes used.  My hair didn't break off at all.  Now a while back before stylist started using the keratin, I had a woman put the fusion in with wax and that DID break my hair off terribly.  

Another option you might think about is the Micro-Illusions they are expensive but from what I hear they are very undetectable and great for people with thinning hair.  I am getting them done in September.  You can do a search on the forum for "Micro-Illusions" to find out how they are done or you can go to this website http://www.alegnahair.com

But yeah you can definitely do the sew-in in the back and the keratin fusion on top.  Good luck with whatever you choose.   

HeavenLei View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2004 at 5:06am
If you have thin edges, you probably shouldn't be trying to get any weave done at all, you'd proably do better just holding out and waiting until you can afford a lace front.... no weaving technique would really be beneficial to helping your edges flesh out.

Edited by HeavenLei
hawaah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2004 at 10:32am
I do not braid my edges in though when I get a weave.  I think the lace front wigs look a little on the fake side sometimes. I was thinking about getting it done in NG3b. Like I said before my hair has a natural curl to it so it blends really well with curly hair. Is there a way where I could just get the hair line in a lace front to cover my edges? Does anyone know? Thanks so much for the advice.
HeavenLei View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2004 at 11:14am
Originally posted by hawaah hawaah wrote:

I do not braid my edges in though when I get a weave.  I think the lace front wigs look a little on the fake side sometimes. I was thinking about getting it done in NG3b. Like I said before my hair has a natural curl to it so it blends really well with curly hair. Is there a way where I could just get the hair line in a lace front to cover my edges? Does anyone know? Thanks so much for the advice.

Yep, you can, in fact I think someone here just mentioned getting one that she hadn't used yet, I think she said it cost her about $300.
eboniwoman1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2004 at 12:08pm

Originally posted by HeavenLei HeavenLei wrote:

If you have thin edges, you probably shouldn't be trying to get any weave done at all, you'd proably do better just holding out and waiting until you can afford a lace front.... no weaving technique would really be beneficial to helping your edges flesh out.

agree

Tracy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2004 at 6:44pm

I'm with Heavenlei as far as not having your edges weaved, but if you decide to do it just make sure you leave your edges out and keep them WELL MOISTURIZED AND CONDITIONED!

A good style that covers your edges would be one that lays down over your edges and that has bangs.  Or a good wrap set that kind of curves under towards your face. 

Another good one, remember that old Janet Jackson hair style when she did that video the Pleasure Principle?  That style was bang'in and it still is!  All it was is graduated long layers around her face and she used a big curling iron to gently bump the ends under!  

Just avoid styles where your hair is pulled away from your face, like pony tails and don't style it away from your face and you should be set!

Hope this helps out alittle!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply