BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Couple Charged for Returning Adopted Son

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Didn't she tell the 911 dispatcher they'd tried everything including therapy and a psychiatrist? yes she did.

They're supposed to wait until he nuts up for real and actually cuts or stabs somebody?

Anybody I have to still fear AFTER meds and therapy gotta get the hell up outta my house. They could have done a whole lot worst than returning him to a safe environment.

Right--it doesn't sound like they didn't try to help him first and advocate for him.  They did and I guess finally they said enough is enough. 

They tried to do the right thing and not lock him up in some closet, or beat him to a pulp in efforts to punish his behavior.

Sponsored Links

OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Didn't she tell the 911 dispatcher they'd tried everything including therapy and a psychiatrist?

They're supposed to wait until he nuts up for real and actually cuts or stabs somebody?

Anybody I have to still fear AFTER meds and therapy gotta get the hell up outta my house. They could have done a whole lot worst than returning him to a safe environment.

I don't blame them, especially if previous problems were kept quiet by the adoption agency. 
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 3:05pm
When I was a foster mom, I had an 10 year old that was diagnosed as psychopathic.  He was on at least 5 medications, and we were a very structured foster home.  His psychiatrist told me that "all we can hope is that he gets locked up before he kills too many people."  I didn't believe him, I thought HE's ONLY 11! 
About a year later, he tried to pull a butcher knife on me in the kitchen.  He was sent to a higher level therapeutic foster home the next day, basically a locked facility.  I had 7 other foster kids (3 were his siblings) and my own child to protect.   

I don't know if these people had any help, but it may have been their last option, as sad as that is.  The state won't help unless the child is a ward of the state in many cases.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

When I was a foster mom, I had an 10 year old that was diagnosed as psychopathic.  He was on at least 5 medications, and we were a very structured foster home.  His psychiatrist told me that "all we can hope is that he gets locked up before he kills too many people."  I didn't believe him, I thought HE's ONLY 11! 
About a year later, he tried to pull a butcher knife on me in the kitchen.  He was sent to a higher level therapeutic foster home the next day, basically a locked facility.  I had 7 other foster kids (3 were his siblings) and my own child to protect.   

I don't know if these people had any help, but it may have been their last option, as sad as that is.  The state won't help unless the child is a ward of the state in many cases.

damn,all hope was lost at 11? Dear gawdConfused
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

damn...iono...I mean I understand but...ion...
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 3:51pm

stories like these break my heart

these poor babies never had a chanceUnhappy
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 4:18pm
Mental illness is so very sad.  I know, because I have taken care of these types of children. IMO the parents should not have been charged. In some states there is a law that protects people who want to leave their babies at a hospital or church, don't remember what the cut off age is, but in this case, it may be the child's only chance to get the intensive help he needs.  The average parent does not have the skill or support to do it.  They probably could have had him committed, but then again, that's hard to do if a doctor won't back them up.   So I am going to reserve judgment on them.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 2:22am

Mental illness is so very sad.  I know, because I have taken care of these types of children. IMO the parents should not have been charged. In some states there is a law that protects people who want to leave their babies at a hospital or church, don't remember what the cut off age is, but in this case, it may be the child's only chance to get the intensive help he needs.  The average parent does not have the skill or support to do it.  They probably could have had him committed, but then again, that's hard to do if a doctor won't back them up.   So I am going to reserve judgment on them.

You are absolutely correct.  If you don't have a psychiatrist to sign off their is no hope in sight if you want your insurance to pay.Sleepy

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Dapheny Dapheny wrote:

shiiit if my biological kid pulled a knife on me i'd return his/her asss too!

return a biological child????  either i am reading this wrong and i need to take biology over again or i am still reading this wrong
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 4:25am
Return him to God. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>