Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Couple Charged for Returning Adopted Son

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couple Charged for Returning Adopted Son
    Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 7:35am

Charges for Ohio Couple for Returning Adopted Son

An Ohio couple has been charged for returning their adopted 9-year-old son to child services because they no longer wanted to care for him.

By: Stephen A. Crockett Jr.
Posted: Nov. 29 2013 8:35 AM

video

An Ohio couple who brought their adopted 9-year-old son to a child services center, saying that they no longer wanted to care for the boy, is facing criminal charges, according to ABC News.

Cleveland and Lisa Cox took the boy to Butler County Children's Services in early November after the boy's behavioral issues became too much for them. 

"Adoptive children don't come with a return-to-sender stamp on the forehand," Mike Gmoser, the prosecuting attorney of Butler County, told the news station.

"You don't get to give back. You have to accept them and give them unconditional love when you have the means and ability to provide for them. You may not have to love them, but it's your child, period," he said.

Gmoser took the case to a grand jury after learning of the child's return from his office's juvenile division. The grand jury returned an indictment against the couple, charging them with one count each of misdemeanor nonsupport of dependents.

The couple could face a possible six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

The boy, whose identity has not been disclosed, is under the guardianship of attorney Adolfo Olivas, ABC News reports. 

Olivas told the news station: "The parents were willing to get help, but the child wasn't. That just is nonsense to me. A parent is a parent and a 9-year-old is a 9-year-old. If your 9-year-old needs help, you get him help. It is not a question of a 9-year-old wanting it or not."

"[The child is] hurt and confused and traumatized," Olivas said

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2013/11/ohio_couple_faces_charges_for_returning_adopted_son.html

Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (19) Thanks(19)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 7:47am
He pulled a knife on em?
I'd send his ass back too.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 8:09am
damn...iono...I mean I understand but...ion...
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 8:17am
this was better then them keeping the child and treating him awfully.. 

i wish they wouldn't have given up on him but i respect that they admitted they couldn't do it.. and tried to give him to someone who could be better for him. 

how long did they have him? 
Krystal Klear View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Krystal Klear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 8:27am
Well, it be like that sometimes. You can't fix everybody, no matter how hard you try. My safety comes first. Damn his feelings
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 8:34am
a lot of times, the state doesnt fully explain to would be parents what they are getting themselves into with some of these children. they withhold pyschological/behavioral screenings that would have stopped them from ever adopting. issue is compounded when you already have children in the home, and you bring an adoptive child that may have suffered abuse from a previous/biological family.

pressing charges though ? man ...
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 8:34am
shiiit if my biological kid pulled a knife on me i'd return his/her asss too!
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 8:37am
A tear for all the motherless children....

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 8:37am
I really hope I don't adopt a crazy child, but you know the risks before you make the choice.  Definitely a better choice than being abusive or killing the kid.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Nov 30 2013 at 8:38am
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 8:37am
I don't get what they did wrong.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic