Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Countess Blames Lace Wigs for Bad Health

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Countess Blames Lace Wigs for Bad Health
    Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 12:21am
Did you see this?What do you think? Tootsie's Mom deserves a COngressioanl Medal of Honor!!
I've been beaten down about this..too many times to count...be careful, be cautious...
http://earhustle411.com/countess-vaughns-health-crises-due-lace-front-wig/
Sponsored Links

pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 10:32am
I read the article and also saw the doctors video

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/videolib/init/11166

she had worn these for years and yet didn't have a problem until she used a specific glue ..also says though she saw it was infected kept wearing the wigs for about 5 months until her hairline became discolored..so I agree with you that we as women should be cautious and if you see an infection brewing stop using the products we are applying the wig with and not let it fester for months

Edited by pg12345 - Mar 19 2014 at 10:35am
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 11:27am
she was ignorant to keep wearing something when your skin is infected, and clueless with no skills.. she needs to blame herself and stop using this in an attempt to be relevant or make a come back it won't work. that ship has sailed..bye girl..
Misjaguar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Misjaguar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 1:11pm
I guess it makes sense, her claim, that if you use it continuously for so long something is bound to happen. I don't think her claim is substantiated with medical backing. This is her own personal opinion and instead of blaming the wigs she should switch and blame the glue she used to hold it down. She also probably did not take very good care of her skin under the glue or practiced poor removal of the glue which maY have caused sores, which in turn caused an infection and she still did not give it a rest.

THIS MAY ALSO BE HER WAY BACK INTO THE LIMELIGHT.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 3:57pm
These units work fine as long as you use common sense. If she is stupid enough to apply glue to a hairline that is a pulpy mess .. that's on her.

She said she wore the units 24 X7!!

I've been wearing these units successfully going on 6 years. Now and then I have tried something new but if a few days later if I see bumps on my skin then know I cannot wear that product because I am having an allergic reaction .. so I toss it. DUH!

There are s zillion products on the market .. she couldn't try another one?

My hairline is as clear and smooth as it ever was ... simply because I take care of it correctly - I don't wear the units for a month or so - or double up on all sorts of chemicals.

The person she should blame for her dissappearing hairline .. is that fool in the mirror.

And the worse thing is .. she doesn't even look good in her unit. Looks fake.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Mar 20 2014 at 4:06pm
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 7:36pm
I wanted to respond to this thread yesterday, but I couldn't log on.

Hundreds of women and men use adhesives for their lace units without incident.  You try one adhesive; it doesn't agree with your body chemistry, you move on.  You don't wait until it's oozing and smells bad to say, "Gee, maybe I should remove this wig."  And to wear it for months without removing it?  What does her natural hair look like?

I recall hearing this story a few years ago about Countess.  Is she trying to get some publicity to wake up her sleeping career?  Countess dear, this is not the way.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 7:41pm
From what I watched, it seems like she decided to press on despite that her body wasn't responding well to the adhesive.  When you ignore the symptoms that whatever you using your body doesn't want it, you will be hard pressed to find sympathizer. 
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 9:47pm
Been to Hollywood lately?  If hair is  tainted Kool -Aid..women are addicted to the poison. They wear hair..that doesn't match, doesn't look right...euucchhh!
The pressure is unreal!  I mean "pressure"to be beautiful and flowing day and night is unlike anything I've seen!   It's eerie there..everybody has weave on..I saw ZERO natural hair.  The one place that sells regular old indian hair wefts was standing room only. His N' Hers that used to be  a little joint is now nearly a block long..with a SUPER (not really) HAIR store directly across the street.  
The quality and type of ish they sell is horrifying.  Countess does not look healthy at all...and that weave she is wearing now is horrid too...but two things y'all said cannot be denied.  NASTY +STUPID= will give you stank and DIS -EASE
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 6:13pm
Most regular people do not care what's going on in Hollywerid - this is taking for granted that they have a real life for goodness sakes!

I think if ALL the black females in Hollyweird are so weak-willed that they HAVE to wear weaves/wigs as adversed to wearing their natural hair etc - that would be one pitiful situation. Only the weak respond to such peer pressure. Everyone else would wear their natural hair if they wanted and keep it moving. What are they all 15 years olds with no backbone?

But no one is holding a gun to their heads forcing them to live in that phony world. It's a choice.

But to wear glue again and again over an infected pulpy mess of a hairline .. has nothing to do with this ‘supposed’ pressure.

Again, when she saw her skin was having a reaction ... she could have maintained that same look with regular wigs/used a weave/worn a nice headwrap/gotten a different product and the list goes on.

She could have done a number of things to treat that reaction EARLY before everything went sideways on her. So the ‘pressure of Hollyweird’ is no excuse for not using common sense.

Let’s get real here.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Mar 21 2014 at 8:13pm
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 2:00pm
She us trying to be relevant . She saw her reaction to the glue and continued. No one is to be blame but her.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>