Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedCould You/Do You Live Near Your InLaws?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:36pm
i love the idea of it...i just need these 2 women to stop fighting all the time lol.
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:41pm
Honestly, 30 min to 2hrs away is perfect distance. Proximity breeds contempt in my opinion. I don't want someone right on top of me all the time. When I know that you're going to have to drive over and pay multiple tolls to cross a few bridges and parkways to get to me, I know you'll really think about it before you make your way up here. As much as I love my in laws and my own fam, I don't want them in walking distance of my home. @_@

IMO, once you graduate HS and go to college, the idea of sharing living space with your relatives is hard.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:43pm
my brother wants all his kids and their families to build homes around his home. He already has the acreage and he wants a family community like where he grew up. I like that idea.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:47pm
It's great in theory...but there are some moochers in my dh's family. So....I want them to be a number of toll payments away from me lol!

One of his aunts moved upstate (we live in NYC) about 10 min from my in-laws. And to cut down on the cost of HER electric and gas bills etc., she started staying over 2-3x a week at his parent's house (my dh's father is her brother). It pissed my MIL off, and for good reason. So, um yeah...I like the idea of a good $10 toll deterring moochy relatives from wanting to visit!
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Back home half of my fam pretty much lives within walking distance from each other. 

This is how it is for my dad side of the family and where my fam lives now...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

It's great in theory...but there are some moochers in my dh's family. So....I want them to be a number of toll payments away from me lol!

One of his aunts moved upstate (we live in NYC) about 10 min from my in-laws. And to cut down on the cost of HER electric and gas bills etc., she started staying over 2-3x a week at his parent's house (my dh's father is her brother). It pissed my MIL off, and for good reason. So, um yeah...I like the idea of a good $10 toll deterring moochy relatives from wanting to visit!

lol the flip side of having the inlaws a long distance drive away, is that when they do visit they have to spend the night. LOLLOL
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:53pm
I wouldn't mind. I grew up pretty close to family and it was great.

I live about 5 mins from my brother and they don't see me as often as they'd like. Sometimes I'm in there everyday and other times I'm away for months.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:55pm
but what we think are 'negatives' is the reasons   my brother wants the family community thing. He wants the drop in visits; come get eggs from fridge if you need 'em--no need to knock; pop in to eat dinner if you know they're cooking; drop the kids off anytime; need the car--just let us know and take it; etc. He loves all that stuff . He wanted them to all move into his house at one point. 
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:58pm
we live about 15 min from both sets of parents. its no big deal. they dont pop up unexpected or anything. we rotate hanging at each set of parents house. i definitely wouldnt want to live in the same house though.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 2:01pm
I wouldn't mind the same house if it was a large house. Each fam should have their own wing and entrance of course. Their own garage too, maybe. So it would be a family home, not like they are all living together.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic