BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Could You/Do You Live Near Your InLaws?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could You/Do You Live Near Your InLaws?
    Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:58am
I told my BIL during Thanksgiving that as much as I like them and ATL suburbs area I could never live near them.Ouch

Backstory: My two SILs live about 10 minutes away from each other and they are like oil and water. They have periodic fights throughout the year which result in them not talking to each other for periods of time.  Thanksgiving was one of those times with one sister coming over for Thanksgiving but not telling the other sister that she was coming until the morning off [and she didn't tell her sister, her daughter did which annoyed the other sister to no end] and she spent the entire time on her phone and didn't talk to anyone.Sleepy   Sh*t was mad awkward.

Now I have no problem with either SIL but I am closer to one.  And I told my dh that if we moved down there we would inevitably be pulled into their bullsh*t with one another.

He agreed.LOL  He was like "yeah I like being a phone call away."Pinch

So BHM, for those who have in-laws could you move near them? For those who don't..do you imagine yourself living near them?

Edited by EPITOME - Nov 29 2012 at 12:06pm
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:03pm
I take back what I said. There are worse things than having your SO's family love you. I guess I could manage it.

Edited by Limalady - Nov 29 2012 at 12:12pm
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:05pm
Don't have inlaws.  I don't want to live near my family or my husband's family.  Nigerian in-laws especially are nosey, intrusive, and overbearing.  No thanks.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:06pm
MIL for sure, I could live with her but my FIL hell no! He brought a house next door to his own in the hope we would want to live there. My husband was like hell no. We love the old man but he can get annoying real quickly. 
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:06pm
I wouldn't mind if they were cool people. Now if they weren't........ I would try to live as far possible.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:10pm
We live literally 45 min between both sets of in-laws. My fam tends to have the side that does knock down drag out fights, so with the exception of my immediate family, I don't mess with them unless it's a major holiday. His family is VERY close. As in he calls his dad daily type thing and there's always someone over at our house. We live in the Bronx, and so does the majority of his family so we see people all the time.

Since they're not overbearing and are actually very helpful, I don't mind it at all. But if you have in-laws that are like harpies, being 45 min away and being connected to them on FB, phone, etc would be a nightmare.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:10pm
I live about 1hr from my in-laws (fil/mil/bils) and that is too damn close. I don't see them too often (before thanksgiving, the last time I saw them was in Apr) but hubby works with his dad and sees them more than me.

maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they werent all backstabbing, moneygrubbing azzholes.

i wish there were more distance
val48066 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote val48066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:11pm
fate worse than death. no thanks. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:11pm
see his sisters are fine--as long as they're not fighting. i especially like my BIL. we do stuff like take family bike rides and hikes when we're down there which i like. [his sisters aren't particularly active and neither his my dh] so i get to do stuff like that with the family and hang out with my nieces and nephews which i like a lot.

but when they're mad at each other--lawd help us!

Edited by EPITOME - Nov 29 2012 at 12:12pm
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:17pm
My inlaws are nice to ME, but they have a love/hate relationship with their son. Lmao
Seriously.
He wouldn't want to live near them, but if we did move to their city, we may end up seeing each other because it is so small, and we are always out and about. and he would probably feel uncomfortable about that. Plus his mother would send out her spies. I think it would be best if we stayed at a distance, and he would probably agree. Lol
Hot mess
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style